Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Alison says Goodbye
Replies: 16   Views: 109,998   Pages: 2   Last Post: Feb 4, 2011, 12:56 AM by: danporter

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 16   Views: 109,998   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
alisontate

Alison says Goodbye
Posted: Nov 20, 2010, 3:05 PM

Hi Everyone

I have spent a couple of good years at pente.org. I have met some great people and had some great games. I have enjoyed the forum discussions, the table chats, and the little pente community here.

However, I have decided that it is time for me to move on. I have a lot of serious commitments right now and in the future, and have been struggling for a while to find time to play consistantly. Next year is my final Doctorate year and then I will be getting married and travelling overseas for a while. I have so much to get done, it is going to be a full year.

I would just like to say thankyou to Dweebo for providing this site and the wonderful times I have had here. To the special people that I have met - you know who you are - thankyou for your friendship, great conversation, challenging games, and your warmth and sincerity. I will miss you greatly.

Best regards,

Sincerely yours
Alison Cooper-Tate

watsu

Home page
Re: Alison says Goodbye
Posted: Nov 20, 2010, 10:08 PM

We'll miss you while you are away, and hopefully will still be here if/when you come back!

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
jasonb

Home page
Posted: Nov 21, 2010, 5:25 AM

Take care Alison. Hope to see you back here some day soon.

aleph_1

Posted: Nov 22, 2010, 4:23 AM

We'll miss your intelligence and creativity, Alison, and we'll be hoping you come back sometime. -Rick

piecraft

Posted: Nov 22, 2010, 10:53 AM

Hey, just when I was starting to enjoy the tag-team debating thing! I will miss ya in here kid.

I knew you were serious about this when you quit the band last week...

Good luck Ali
(P.S See you at the pub, Friday?)

mctighemoo

Posted: Nov 22, 2010, 12:06 PM

Alison , i have only 1.5 years here @ pente.org & i still remeber the 1st thing u said to me not long after joining this wonderful , cool group of intelligent & good at pente & live where joey lives .....i like that ....and many things & i was way surprised when i learned your young age ( compared to me 4 sure )....you r a straight talking person which i can relate to & appreciate as opposed to " manby -pamby , boring,and utterances but , not u .....which i like .....u obviously r smart with a promising talents to help u graduate with a PhD....i hope u come by & i imagine & hope we r still here doing what we " penteholics "....peace , Jo McTighe ...usa...best wishes ali & thx 4 ur help....!!!

xtraclassy

Posted: Nov 22, 2010, 2:33 PM

All the best, Ali.

ukie60

Home page
Posted: Nov 22, 2010, 10:06 PM

We love you Alison and wish you the best. Hope you'll be back some day. Take care darling............

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Nov 26, 2010, 9:51 PM

you will be missed alison. it wont be the same here with out you. good luck in your adventures. and hope to be here to see your return one day.

fair winds and following seas.

zoey

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
jimbeau

Posted: Nov 29, 2010, 5:21 AM

Alison, I don't know you. I only come here sometime. Never beat the computer. It would have been good to have a discussion w/ you as I don't understand how you can be both secular & athiest. I suspect I graduated from college the second time before you were born. Out 20 yrs. between first & second time. I'm bio. & chem. Spent 5 yrs. in Germany late 50's & early 80's. If you're there you'll love it. Tchuess.

alisontate

Posted: Dec 2, 2010, 11:51 AM

Thank you for all the kind words.

Best wishes to everyone, I will miss you too.

Love, Ali xoxox

kriswithak

Home page
Posted: Dec 9, 2010, 12:23 AM

xoxo See ya on Facebook!!!

wooohooo

Posted: Dec 9, 2010, 12:46 AM

Alison,

I have truly enjoyed playing pente with you and have learned so much from you. Doubt you will feel bored anytime soon, but hope you drop in once in a while to give us a good pummelling!

Congratulations on your up coming marriage and all the best on your studies!

Wooohooo

jackschidt

Posted: Dec 9, 2010, 5:57 AM

bok ...

bok bok ...

bok ... baaaawk ... bok bok ...

bok

brf

Home page
Posted: Feb 3, 2011, 11:52 PM