Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Glass pente board & collection is for sale.
Replies: 6   Views: 37,071   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 14, 2010, 6:58 PM by: brf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 6   Views: 37,071   Pages: 1  
zoeyk

Home page
Glass pente board & collection is for sale.
Posted: Sep 8, 2010, 3:50 AM

So, i finally decided to sell my collection.
go to this link to see,
http://cgi.ebay.com/Zoeyks-Glass-Pente-Board-and-Collection-Rare-/140452016737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b397b261

10 boards total, including a glass board, and a tube still sealed in plastic never opened before.
among other boards that are rare.

thanks, and happy bidding..

zoeyk

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare

zoeyk

Home page
Re: Glass pente board and collection is now for sale on ebay.
Posted: Sep 8, 2010, 8:02 PM

well so far 10 people have clicked watch this item. so i have a feeling its going to be one of those bid wars that goes down in the last 5 minutes hehe.

again good luck and happy bidding.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
brf

Home page
Posted: Sep 8, 2010, 10:15 PM

ok so I'll ask the question, why sell it period? doesn't that denote "I'm giving up pente for life" or somesuch? no way would I sell any of my pente stuff.

Unless you're packing a warehouse of the stuff and this is Zoey's bargain basement blowout?

The glassboard will draw some interest though...that one is rare. I thought about buying one on ebay once until the price skyrocketed on the item. I also decided after playing on a friends glassboard shortly thereafter that I think I prefer the suede boards just because the stones aren't susceptible to sliding around as much.

best of luck though, that's a veritable ton of pente loot. someone is going to buy it up in the last 5 minutes I'm sure.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 9, 2010, 12:49 AM

yes i was thinking to retire for a while. and i still have some boards ill keep. i have a huge collection. this is 65% of my collection im selling. ive been losing hours at my job lately, and im looking for new work thats more reliable. in the mean time i could use the extra cash to buy my daughter some cool stuff. my loss is anothers gain. as long as the boards find a good home with some one that loves the game then im happy.

ps. i lowered the price a tiny bit, and the end time has been lowered to 3 days. i figured lets just get it over with sooner. if it doesnt sell the first time around i might put them back in storage and not sell. we'll see.

i really hope someone will just click the buy it now button. buy it now for $555.55 hehe,..sounded like a good number. the $29 for shipping i just guessed. i have no idea what it will cost me,.. but this stuff will be big n heavy so perhaps $29 is about right.

z

Message was edited by: zoeyk at Sep 8, 2010 6:52 PM

watsu

Home page
Posted: Sep 13, 2010, 6:16 PM

Dang, I'm surprised no one snagged this auction. Not as much Pente board interest as there used to be?

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 13, 2010, 10:51 PM

i guess not.. i even went down to $389 for the starting bid.... i mean i was damnn near giving it away for free... lol to buy the vinyls with shipping n handling they ran me around between $20 to $45 per board years ago. and the glass went for $350 less then a year ago. soo00oo theres no way i was asking too much money for this collection. im just goina put em back in storage now. perhaps in 30 years ill sell again,.. but ill be asking a ton more for them by then.

brf

Home page
Posted: Sep 14, 2010, 6:58 PM

or instead of doing the all in one (going to have to get someone who REALLY loves pente for that much 'Te loot at once) maybe you should consider piecing it out? I'm sure you'd get more takers that way since the initial cost isn't obviously as high and people can just buy one board etc.

I tend to think most people only want one board unless they're super hardcore, and the hardcore players probably already have at least one board in the tube I'd have to imagine.

OR you could just leave it in storage like you said, they're not making those decipher boards anymore and all the knock-offs I've seen are nowhere near as good as those red and black tube boards. Selling them one at a time will net you plenty of cash I think.

Replies: 6   Views: 37,071   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]