Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Pente @ Wikipedia.com
Replies: 2   Views: 35,104   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 19, 2010, 9:46 PM by: zoeyk

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 35,104   Pages: 1  
zoeyk

Home page
Pente @ Wikipedia.com
Posted: Aug 19, 2010, 3:24 PM

so it would seem a guy named Walter Görlitz has been heavily deleting things on the Pente page at Wikipedia over the last 2 years i believe. I don't know what should be done about that. but i figured the community should know. he completely deleted boat pente, and poof pente was deleted. keryo pente was deleted... and other things..
which is just uncalled for in my opinion. any one know how to use wikipedia in terms of dealing with something like this? ide like to have all of that guys editing to be reversed if possible. and have a complaint lodged against him to not permit him to ever edit the pente page again, or something. well just an idea. adding stuff with in reason is ok,.. and editing little things is ok,.. but not wiping out entire sections of variants that other people took the time to put there.. in my opinion of course..

thanks,
zoeyk

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare

watsu

Home page
Re: Pente @ Wikipedia.com
Posted: Aug 19, 2010, 9:02 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not extremely up on wikipedia edits, but based on my limited knowledge I'd guess the issue on the edits is mostly that the Pente community doesn't have "reliable citations" for a lot of the information which has been deleted. Just because Dweebo has published it here and we all know it and can agree on it doesn't count for wikipedia. Something like a book published by a known reliable publishing house on the other hand would qualify. Which leads me to believe that we could get Keryo pente reinstated without too much effort, as I seem to recall at least one of the Pente books mentions it- Warner books is probably considered a reliable source. As for the other things, well, we could try for a new book to address them all or we could try for a published article in a games magazine or something like that. It's frustrating, but that seems to be more or less how wikipedia works from what I've gathered.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
zoeyk

Home page
Re: Pente @ Wikipedia.com
Posted: Aug 19, 2010, 9:46 PM

ahh. ok thank you watsu. well then just another reason to continue working on a book i guess.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
Replies: 2   Views: 35,104   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]