Replies: 1   Views: 32,574   Pages: 1  

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
dweebo

Home page
Help/FAQ updates?
Posted: Dec 29, 2009, 7:37 PM

Anyone have time to look over the Help / FAQ pages and see what needs to be updated with the change to set-based ratings?

If you do please post anything you find here and I'll update it.

Thanks,
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!

partica

Re: Help/FAQ updates?
Posted: Dec 29, 2009, 9:37 PM

Okay, I took a little liberty on compiling these so bear with me

First of all, on the Rated Game Policy page section number 2. A line needs to be added that states "Do not play rated games with more than one account." What is written there doesn't really communicate this to all humans, regardless of what the registration page says or the confirmation email. Also on section number 1. it should read Do NOT play with any outside assistance. It currently reads Do No play...

Secondly, on the Privacy Policy page on the 4th bullet, it reads strange: "If you choose to have Pente.org News mailed to you, you will receive news about rarely via email". I think it should read "If you choose to have Pente.org News emailed to you, you will receive an email with any Pente.org News rarely via email". The next bullet "If another player knows your player name, they can send you a message that will show up under "My Messages". If you want to have these messages also sent to you via email you can configure that on "My Profile" page."

Thirdly, on My Profile page. On the last sentence of the second paragraph it reads: "You will also be able to upload a picture for your account." it should read "You will also be able to add a note and upload a picture..."

Fourthly, on the Frequently Asked Questions - General page, under "How are ratings calculated?" does the formula represent the new change?

Fifthly, on Playing - Game Rules page, under Common Rules you might want to add a sentence to indicate ratings/rankings are now calculated by set or something to indicate that. Might want to also add a section that discusses what rated and unrated actually means...

Sixthly, on Player Rankings and Profiles page you might want to discuss the set based ratings here to some extent. At least mention the rankings/ratings are now based on sets and not individual games. Might even indicate when this change took place so as not to confuse or mislead old timers or new comers.

Seventhly, on Playing - Game Table page, put a space between TOC Computer Opponent and subtopic Game Play at the top of the page for readability and indication of separation. Also, what are the default Table Options? That should be added under the subtopic Table Options so people know what to initially expect.

Okay, that was my afternoon break. Hopefully you will find at least some of this useful and necessary. If not, please discard without regret any of the things I listed here.

Hope you are doing well, Peter. Happy Holiday Season! Cheers to the New Year! You rock!

~partica

Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]