Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: I miss the good-ol' days ...
Replies: 5   Views: 36,664   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jun 29, 2009, 12:17 AM by: katysmom

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 5   Views: 36,664   Pages: 1  
jackschidt

I miss the good-ol' days ...
Posted: Jun 15, 2009, 6:48 PM

Before the days of cyber-profiles, people played games face to face. People had reputations and accomplishments, but there were no kings.

I've heard that a couple of highly ranked players have offered to sell their expertise to some of the female players, in exchange for private pictures.

Obviously, these few players are smart people. They know there are reactions for every action. At least as far as the game of Pente is concerned, they have become "masters" at anticipating and accounting for those reactions. They make moves to accomplish a goal.

If this is accurate, surely they know that making such an offer (as above) will drive off many female players. So why would they do it?

Maybe you can list some of the possible goals ... I'm thinking its about being a big fish in a little pond ...

Never the less, in the "good ol' days", all the hammer-heads like me would have a long talk with those boys. Sometimes it involved a physical demonstration, but it was considered shameful to call the police or threaten to sue. It meant that you weren't man enough to take correction. Some women may not understand what men know very well, when it comes to these kinds of reckonings; but men would actually raise the standard of behavior and become good friends "after-words" (so to speak).

Now in the days of the internet, even a punk can become a king. And even though they do have their followers; I for one, do not believe that perverts should get away with rude behavior that drives other players away, just because they have a certain color or number by their name.

All I can say is, I miss the good ol' days ...

zoeyk

Home page
Re: I miss the good-ol' days ...
Posted: Jun 15, 2009, 7:20 PM

for the record it wasnt me your talking about,..but i know who it was...

and yes its sad that a certain player left the site recently as a result. that sucks.

i agree that female players should be treated with dignity and respect by the males at this site.

~zoey

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
richardiii

Posted: Jun 16, 2009, 2:48 AM

Wow, I don't know anybody who's done that, but I got pics of me I'll trade for... errr hmm, uuuuh. Well I'm not sure what I could get for my pics. I kind of want cash on the barrel, but I don't think folks could pay me what my pics are worth. After all I don't think they make a 0.001¢ coin.

brf

Home page
Posted: Jun 16, 2009, 10:21 PM

that sucks! there's like 25 guys to a single female pente player, the last thing anyone should be doing is running them off . I feel sorry for those chicks constantly getting hit up for stuff like this when all they want to do is play some pente.

This should serve as a wake-up call to the non-getting-laid and overly desperate male pente crowd. If you're seeking some kind of online hookup then go to facebook, myspace, or even match.com and layoff the pente womenfolk!

Now, if there are any women players that were the recipient of some of this heinous behavior & need some pente-based consoling feel free to hit me up for a set .

homebrew

Posted: Jun 18, 2009, 8:21 AM

I don't know Rich, I might pay something to see what your cat is shooting at!

katysmom

Posted: Jun 29, 2009, 12:17 AM

I just want to say that while there are a few bad apples on this site, in general everyone is really great and makes it fun to be here playing. As one of the women who has been harassed (though not the one jackschidt was referring to), it is nice to know that the majority of guys on this site are so nice and not nasty little pervs. So I just wanted to say thank you to the nice guys. Thank you for proving that chivalry isn't dead.

Replies: 5   Views: 36,664   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]