Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: zoeyky? random coincidence?
Replies: 20   Views: 113,221   Pages: 2   Last Post: Apr 24, 2009, 8:45 PM by: zoeyk

This topic is locked - replies are not allowed.

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 20   Views: 113,221   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
zoeyk

Home page
zoeyky? random coincidence?
Posted: Apr 23, 2009, 9:22 PM

so theres a player named zoeyky, and its not me.
when i asked why they were copying my name, their story goes like this;

"my dogs name is zoey,..and im from Kentucky, and i had no idea that there was a player named zoeyk at this site when i chose the name."

the odds of that being true are astronomical. but i may be wrong

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare

invictus

Re: zoeyky? random coincidence?
Posted: Apr 23, 2009, 11:55 PM

hmmm
i understand your point.you deserve the recognition you have earned.and i'm sure that it is frustrating to have s/one assume a VERY similar playername. i know i would not like it, regardless of my rank.
however, 72,000,000 pet dogs in u.s.( www.avma.org)
2200 common dog names (geocities.com)
50 states
granted, this doesn't allow for percentages of dogs named zoey
but
not astronomical
still, strong coincidence...

bloodied but unbowed
baddsixx9

Home page
Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 3:19 AM

Issues like this should be brought to the attention of admin. rather than dragged through a forum....If its a legitimate player then this is a real sad statement on behalf of the community welcoming its new members, and if on the other hand someone is up to no good, then admin. will handle it without the spectacle.

richardiii

Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 3:38 AM

perhaps every name should have a sufix of '_not_zoeyk' to afirm that they are indeed Not zoeyk. I know sometimes i too get confused when i look at my name up there and i wonder; am i 'zoeyk' or '_not_zoeyk'? Boy it would be so clear if the right sufix was added to everyname in the database.

Then again what about a '_me' vs '_not_me' sufix. That would even be better as then i'd know if i was me or not.

not_zoey

Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 5:24 AM

Everyone happy? I changed it....sorry so many people were so upset about the name. http://www.dogpile.com/dogpile/ws/results/Web/zoey%20the%20dog%20kentucky/1/417/TopNavigation/Relevance/iq=true/zoom=off/_iceUrlFlag=7?_IceUrl=true

Wow.....it might be true that you were not being copied...can I just play now?

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 6:02 AM

to badd6,..

when its a issue of a players name, the name is in the public eye,.. there for I'm not making anything public that wasn't already public to begin with.

the main thing is i didnt want every one thinking it was me,..so i just wanted to clarify publicly.

feel free to change your name back to zoeyky for all i care. at first the site of it was a shock i must admit. but now that ive calmed down i dont care.

sorry for giving you a hard time zoeyky or not_zoey or what ever your name is.

Peace..

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
baddsixx9

Home page
Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 7:31 AM

For the record allow me to point out how my initial rebuke here was very succinct and to the point with no flare for......well you get my drift.....but you just HAD to bring another bucket of bullshit to the barbecue didnt ya Z?

Lmao......yes I stand (or more like slouch and scratch myself) corrected zoey. Whenever a new ID comes on from now on and for whatever reason you or anyone else has a misgiving, we should criticize and accuse them in a forum titled "Newbie Meet the Firing Squad....That'll Learn Ya!" or maybe "Boy You Sure Gots Some Purdy Lips"(for clarification purposes of course).....

To Whoever the new guy is.....
1) I and most everyone else around here extend a warm welcome to you in the hopes that you'll get down in some games with us.......
2) Noone was ever confused about you being zoeyk in all reality.....Not once did you imply that you are the greatest "innovomanator" (?) the pente world has ever seen nor is every 3rd syllable of what you say somehow related to your rating.

Zoey-
If in the future you "just want to clarify" something like your ID vs another on the site or what have you, then a simple "zoeyk is me and zoey+bats+belfry (or whatever)is not" will more than suffice. No need to accuse a fellow player of lying, impersonating you or leading a double life of fighting crime in tights and a cape with your copyrighted 26th letter of the alphabet (do I dare even say it?)emblazened on his or her buttocks in the hopes that they might (Please Dear Jesus!) be mistaken for you.
As far as public domain goes, yes the paparazzi is an unforgiving constant presence around here and yes the profiles are public....but this notion that its cool to tee off on and accuse peeps of anything from bigotry to zoey© copyright infringement all willy-nilly is really getting old. Your sense of whats acceptable and whats not is not more important than the community (newbies and vets alike) and your poor hospitality is in bad taste. Get over yourself man.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 7:39 AM

roflmao,
honestly i died laughing at your post. good stuff.

baddsixx9

Home page
Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 7:43 AM

Right on....love ya to pieces Zoey .....you gotta take some of that heat off in the forums tho dude.......

flynpig

Home page
Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 8:14 AM

I have a dog named Zoey. can I use your name?

flynpig

Home page
Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 8:20 AM

holy crap baddsix I just about Died... Seriously come play with us not_zoeyk. Zoeyk is actually pretty nice too. WAY TO MAKE AN ENTRANCE THO>>>

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 8:23 AM

temporarly retracted comment pending investigation.

Message was edited by: zoeyk at Apr 24, 2009 2:34 AM

baddsixx9

Home page
Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 9:46 AM

I'm being investigated by Zoey? Lmfao I think I'm gonna pee myself.......

jaqueline_

Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 2:16 PM

I am trying to understand your previous post bad6...

"Whenever a new ID comes on from now on and for whatever reason you or anyone else has a misgiving, we should criticize and accuse them in a forum titled "Newbie Meet the Firing Squad....That'll Learn Ya!"

If I understand you correctly, it seems to me that you believe that newbies are off limits in regards to being criticized and ostracized; however, you believe that long time players are fair game?

Hmmm....

Message was edited by: jaqueline_ at Apr 24, 2009 6:05 AM

not_zoey

Posted: Apr 24, 2009, 5:43 PM

I am thinking of changing my name again to "not my dog"

Replies: 20   Views: 113,221   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]