Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Who is USA N9 ?
Replies: 8   Views: 37,938   Pages: 1   Last Post: Apr 2, 2009, 11:22 PM by: snut

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 8   Views: 37,938   Pages: 1  
sjustice

Home page
Who is USA N9 ?
Posted: Apr 2, 2009, 9:25 PM

Hello

I can say that Richard is N1 in USA in pente.

But who is USA N9 ?

Brf ?

Karlw or Zoyek ?

How do you think ?

Inactive vs. Active. Tournament vs. Just Playing. Turn based vs. Live Internet vs. Live OTB. Cheaters vs. Noncheaters. Nice Avators vs. No Avators vs. Not so nice avators. Proper Spellers vs. Zoyek Spelers. Those that snut fears OTB vs. Those that snut does not fear OTB. Poetic vs. Non Poetic. It is a planet vs. It is not just a planet. United States lovers vs. the rest of the world. Those who care about Poland Pente vs. Those who prefer Poland jokes. Predictable internet forum idiots vs. Unpredictable internet forum idiots. Those who understand variance in limited number of results vs. Those who do not understand or care to understand variance in limited number of results. Those who go on a Pente site and tell Pente players to get a life vs. Those who go on a Pente site and tell Pente players stuff about pente.

You can make up your own mind, but to me it is clear that the ninth best player in the United States of America is alwayswin. I would pit him against the ninth best Russian, Polish person or European anyday and stand proud as he receives the victory. Dude plays like every game is a puzzle with Pente in 5 or less. If needed he can compete in the woman's tournament since I also consider him the N2 woman player in USA in pente.

On an unrelated note, Ticket to Ride is a great board game and poker is profitable.

karlw

Re: Who is USA N9 ?
Posted: Apr 2, 2009, 9:41 PM

Dude, you are so wrong. I am offended. Ticket to ride is NOT a great game. It is the BEST game.

On a related note, what is Board game N2? Scrabble?

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 2, 2009, 9:46 PM

your post is profound and amusing. a nice brief recap on the whole mess ty for the perspective.

well you'll notice that "forum war threads" get more views and replies than any other. drama is what sells to the majority as a source of reading entertainment at this site. it possibly promotes more daily traffic. people might not sign in daily to play, but might sign in daily to tune in to their daily pente soap opera.

its funny the people that reply saying basically how they didn't like reading these people bickering, yet they continue to read anyways while complaining about the eye sore of it all lol. if you don't like the thread then don't open it and read it, simple.

ive been watching traffic at the site for about 2 years.
and it seems that when the forum is inactive in the sense of fighting for more than a month, the traffic dies down.

aside from playing board games,.."forum wars" are the blood flow that keeps them coming back for more. either that or it detours some away for good. but usually more return than not.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
sjustice

Home page
Posted: Apr 2, 2009, 9:53 PM

I think Scrabble is USA N9 ? game.

Puerto Rico is USA N2 game.

Oops, it is a non-USA game, so Puerto Rico is out.

Maybe Pente is USA N2 game.

Oops, it is really just slight variation of non-USA game, so I'm not sure.

On an unrelated note, my website has not been updated in years but still is worth a look to those who like pente puzzles. http://spjustice.tripod.com/

Message was edited by: sjustice at Apr 2, 2009 3:57 PM

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 2, 2009, 9:56 PM

scott you need to put something after the link, example is put a period after, or else it drops the last letter and link doesnt work. pente.org link glitch.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
sjustice

Home page
Posted: Apr 2, 2009, 10:05 PM

Thanks.

I think I fixed it.

Yes, forums with venom are fun to read as long as I'm not getting bit.

This just in, alwayswin just solved one of my "win in 6" puzzles in just 5 moves. Dude is amazing!

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 2, 2009, 10:08 PM

HaHaHa!

brf

Home page
Posted: Apr 2, 2009, 10:28 PM

that just kills me. hahahah nice!! (I'm cheersing you with a beer right now)

kickass post sjustice!

snut

Home page
Posted: Apr 2, 2009, 11:22 PM

you're the man Scott. That was a hilarious post dude!! Thank you for the laugh. I really needed a good laugh today, and you came through in style!

Too damn funny!!

-Snut

PS
I've added you to my "players I fear playing OTB" heh heh. So when we finally meet in real life to play pente, and I'm visibly shaking when I shake your hand, you'll understand why...

Replies: 8   Views: 37,938   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]