Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Genius Flashing!!!
Replies: 15   Views: 100,643   Pages: 2   Last Post: Sep 27, 2008, 1:50 AM by: jhs55

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 15   Views: 100,643   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
redsky_iv

Home page
Genius Flashing!!!
Posted: Sep 23, 2008, 5:12 AM

Forget about the Leaderboard, Forget about the new layout, Forget about the Mid Set Ditcher's List and let's talk about something so fun I don't think any of us won't have our skirts blown off!!! Ok, so I've had this idea for a week or so and talked to Partica, Lepews and I can't recall who else (apologies) and I would like to humbly ask you Uncle Dweebo if you could find it in your giant, golden heart to grant us all a lil' Christmas wish here this year...... Anyone think that Speed Boat Poof Keryo Pente would be a kick in the a$$?????? How hard would it be to code that D? Is it even possible??? OMG can YOU IMAGINE??? People would go to the dark side of the moon and back in a friday night tourney methinks.....it'd make one helluva Donor Privelege too don't ya think?!?!?!?! Gawd I bet you could pretty much put your head in the microwave after an hour of that and not feel it lol......Any thoughts everybody!?!?!?

lepews

Re: Genius Flashing!!!
Posted: Sep 23, 2008, 5:43 AM

Yea I've been wanting to play SpeedBoat Poof Keryo for a while now.. Said it jokingly to start with, but it would actually be a pretty mental game!

In fact, I would love to see other variants:

- Keryo Poof Pente would be a great addition

- Boat Poof Pente would be a lot of fun too

- Boat Poof Keryo would be the maddest of them all!

One way I've been thinking that would make it (maybe) easier to code Peter - what if we started with a straight Pente game, and then had check boxes to the side to decide which additional rules were in use?

For example, the boxes would be

• Keryo
• Poof
• Boat
• D (Don Banks)
• S (Oleg Stepanov)
• G (Gary Barnes)

with the last three being mutually exclusive and allowing allowing for D-Pente, S-Pente and G-Pente restrictions.

This way, anyone could choose their own preferred game by checking the appropriate rule boxes.

Of course any game could still be made into the Speed variant by reducing the time allowed to less than 5 mns.

I do not think that ANY other site on our whole earth's internet gives such an option to play these games.
This would most definitely be a first, and hopefully a great boost for Dweebo's Stone Games!

redsky_iv

Home page
Posted: Sep 23, 2008, 5:50 AM

I think mebbe a cap rule of 20 stones might be in order too??? And again....don't you think that Speed Boat Poof Keryo would be like the sickest Donor Privelege???

lepews

Posted: Sep 23, 2008, 5:53 AM

You know, that may be one more option too - a box with the number of stones to be captured for a win, preset to 10 for non Keryo and 15 for Keryo variants, but editable to any number for the multiple options games.

Truly the Future of Stone Games - no less!

I'm not totally convinced about this being a donor privvy. I like the current idea of being able to have a name color and a picture as a donor, but maybe the option to play only the sickest of all games - SpeedBoat Poof Keryo Pente could be made a donor privilege as well.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Sep 23, 2008, 6:20 AM

Sign me up, though I may end up mostly having to play turn based, since I don't get in very regularly...

Zoeyk and I played an unofficial poof boat set. Pretty interesting. Poof Keryo is one I've always wanted to play. Boat definitely adds some spice as well. My vote is not to restrict captures; I think part of the challenge is breaking a tie game in overtime (multiple OTs if needed).

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
richardiii

Posted: Sep 23, 2008, 6:44 AM

You guys are truly sick. Can i have electrodes attached to my testicles for when i poof cap?

redsky_iv

Home page
Posted: Sep 23, 2008, 6:52 PM

Uhhhh You might have to win the crown 1st Rich ;D

lepews

Posted: Sep 23, 2008, 11:34 PM

hey it's about getting excited about the next generation of stone games Rich - no need for outside testicular appendices to play with your brain cells constructively

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Sep 24, 2008, 8:49 PM

I agree, it would be fun to combine some of the variants. I just finished a set of boat-pente against jozso and kept thinking how much harder it would have been with poofs as well.

I like lepews idea of "create your own stone game" functionality to setup your own rules. In terms of ratings/database it seems like a challenge to code, but perhaps for unrated games it might be a fun addition to the site.

As a Christmas gift you say? Well what is Santa going to get ME for being such a good boy?

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
redsky_iv

Home page
Posted: Sep 25, 2008, 2:05 AM

Hahahahaha......well what does the fine young boy want from the jolly fat man D? HO HO HO!!!!!!!!!

lepews

Posted: Sep 25, 2008, 5:15 AM

Indeed! Wot is it we could do for you Peter?

And I agree - the rating side could be a bit mad and this is a lot more about fun, so I wouldn't bother with a rating system at all for such custom games for the time being.

redsky_iv

Home page
Posted: Sep 25, 2008, 5:24 AM

Yep I definately agree with that one lol.....could you imagine the mayhem of trying to sort that all out? Very kewl ideas on the options, etc. too Skunk.

redsky_iv

Home page
Posted: Sep 26, 2008, 6:12 PM

What happened to the rest of the posts here D? I think you were about to get a new phone lol.......

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Sep 26, 2008, 6:15 PM

I moved that stuff to a new topic since I sort of took over talking about something completely different than the original post.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
jhs55

Posted: Sep 27, 2008, 1:48 AM

to have a custom room for creating custom games is awesome, but could we also have a box to chose custom colors for the stones ?, and can more than two players playing at a time , 2, 3, or 4 players ?

Replies: 15   Views: 100,643   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]