Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Conditional moves
Replies: 3   Views: 14,137   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 7, 2022, 9:50 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3   Views: 14,137   Pages: 1  
bob322bob

Conditional moves
Posted: May 6, 2022, 5:08 AM

Where is the conditional move button/control/tab/whatever?

watsu

Home page
Re: Conditional moves
Posted: May 6, 2022, 5:35 PM

It doesn't currently exist. While it might be a cool additional feature to add to a site with unlimited programming resources, I don't foresee it being a high priority.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
bob322bob

Posted: May 7, 2022, 3:42 AM

Thanks for your response. I was 99.9% sure that there is no conditional move feature. I mostly was just wanting to have my suspicion confirmed (and add my vote for adding it).

watsu

Home page
Posted: May 7, 2022, 9:50 AM

Occasionally requested features (making a currently playing game private, for example) have been added in the past. Sometimes they end up being subscriber only features. On the other hand, if you have a conditional sequence of moves which lead to a sure win regardless of how a player responds, but that require different moves by you in order to win, you could let your opponent know via email or board comment. Maybe they'll resign. I.e. - if you block my open three on this side, I win by extending it to x# and then playing these two moves. If you block on the other side, I get my fifth capture by playing at y#.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 3   Views: 14,137   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]