Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: How to make live games common again?
Replies: 11   Views: 23,805   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 26, 2021, 2:26 AM by: gentry_j

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 11   Views: 23,805   Pages: 1  
zappazappa

How to make live games common again?
Posted: May 7, 2021, 3:14 AM

Some ideas I have:

1- It was a mistake to split live games and games against the computer. Many times I found players to play that were playing against the computer or I was found playing against the computer. We were busy playing against the computer, but we decided to stop the game we were in to play against a player who is a real person because we found this game more interesting. But this cant happen now with the split that was made. This split shound be undone.

2- As things are now, I often find someone inside a gaming table doing something else on their computer. But I have no way of letting the person know that I arrived and I want to play with her, because the site is programmed in a way that does not allow invitations to be made to people who are inside a table. So I suggest that this restriction be removed so that it is possible to invite a person even if they are already inside a game table.

Thats it. (sorry for the bad english)

watsu

Home page
Re: How to make live games common again?
Posted: May 7, 2021, 7:35 PM

I think these are good ideas, but I also think more people will have to be in the live game rooms more often for more live games to happen. When players have decided to make a weekly game night happen, that has helped in the past. Most of the time when I look at the live game room, it's either empty, has gentry in it all by himself or perhaps a guest or two.
If there are a couple of guests playing in the game room, all too frequently I get booted from their table for entering and saying "hi guests". Hardly ideal for getting more live games here.

Message was edited by: watsu at May 8, 2021, 3:13 PM

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
gaylen

Home page
Posted: May 14, 2021, 11:36 PM

I came back here the other year and wondered what happened with players NOT playing in the game room. I would still like to play, but don't want to get too burned out on doing the same stuff over and over again . . . maybe!

gentry_j

Posted: May 16, 2021, 10:18 PM

Watzu I agree 100%... More LIVE games.... and it is hard 2 invite ... U can send a mess. But some of us will not check mess. as often as we should...Please do something 2 make it easier 4 us to get together...

miked_44

Posted: Jul 12, 2021, 4:43 PM

Ditto to live games. Playing TB for a week between moves gets frustrating.

invictus

Posted: Jul 18, 2021, 6:56 AM

i have long been a supporter of live games!
in fact, it's the only way i will play.
may i suggest we try a 'live table night' to start?
pente.org used to have such but it got lost in this mobile age. but to my mind, nothing beats live play!
so, back your comment!
play me live tomorrow @8pm est?

bloodied but unbowed
invictus

Posted: Jul 18, 2021, 7:34 PM

come play me zappa.
i can promise it will be fun!
assuming you find losing fun...

bloodied but unbowed
invictus

Posted: Jul 18, 2021, 7:41 PM

gentry, hippo, connie, pasha, r3, karl,and anyone else brave enough to face me on a table live...
come get some!!!

bloodied but unbowed
invictus

Posted: Jul 18, 2021, 8:09 PM

"will you walk into my parlor?"
said the spider to the fly

bloodied but unbowed
invictus

Posted: Jul 18, 2021, 9:19 PM

i see connie, gentry, pasha, and karlw browsing right now... yet my open table is empty

bloodied but unbowed
invictus

Posted: Jul 24, 2021, 2:04 AM

well, in the interest of drawing attention to live games i challenged karlw to a money set.
only one player showed up to witness it.
i woulda thought $100 on the line would attract some interest but guess i was wrong.
just as i was wrong in thinking i had a chance against karlw.
lol
so i dunno what the next step would be to incite more live games other than the simple solution... be there.

bloodied but unbowed
gentry_j

Posted: Jul 26, 2021, 2:26 AM

Vic I hate that I missed that...Karlw even sent me a note reminding me but I never saw it until after it was over...If there is any thing I can do let me know... Im always ask my reg.opponents 4 live play but the majority say they "dont have the time"...

Replies: 11   Views: 23,805   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]