Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Mind sports olympiad
Replies: 7   Views: 36,558   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 7, 2020, 10:50 PM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 7   Views: 36,558   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
Mind sports olympiad
Posted: Jul 30, 2020, 8:07 PM

https://msoworld.com/mso-is-open-for-registrations/or
Swap gomoku will be a part of it, maybe Pente can be as well?

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

watsu

Home page
Re: Mind sports olympiad
Posted: Jul 30, 2020, 8:35 PM

I went ahead and registered for the swap gomoku tourney, even though I have not much interest and no chance in the game. I'm asking around about the possibility of Pente being included. Not that I'm likely to fare well against the hippo, the pgon, zk, karlw or others here, but I think it'd be cool to get Pente added to the tournament list so that people don't forget the game exists

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
madhippo

Posted: Jul 31, 2020, 9:27 PM

I'm definitely in if Meikop (or whoever) would include it. PGon would likely play if able. With an Olympiad status, some of the Estonians would likely join in as well. Maybe pit Americans vs. ____, etc. which would increase the status as most will want to claim the crown for their country. With Karl, ZK and Riii - we can make Amurica great again

watsu

Home page
Posted: Jul 31, 2020, 10:59 PM

I haven't heard back yet from the mind sports Olympiad people by email, so I may need to join their discord server. Rainwolf said he could set up an automated tourney here. I have mixed feelings about whether it would be preferable to play it here or at vint.ee; vint.ee is rating changes and win/lose/draw per single swap game which has definite advantages for making it a faster playing tournament, but is a less familiar site and format of the game for players here. Anyway, I'll try again on making contact with the MSO people and update here if/when I hear more about the prospects for Pente being included.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Aug 1, 2020, 4:50 AM

Too late for it to be added this year, unfortunately, but perhaps next year it can be included (my perhaps, not what their message said).

gentry_j

Posted: Aug 3, 2020, 12:31 AM

Hippo even the wife thinks that funny..
I would lov to see that competition between different styles....

watsu

Home page
Posted: Aug 7, 2020, 8:03 PM

In case anyone wants to sign up or watch the swap gomoku tournament; it starts in less than 1/2 hour as I write this:
https://www.vint.ee/en-gb/games/#164825-10

watsu

Home page
Posted: Aug 7, 2020, 10:50 PM

I won three lost three, including a loss to the number one rated player in the world, so I feel I did pretty well.

Replies: 7   Views: 36,558   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]