Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Playing Pente for a year's worth of pizza!?
Replies: 3   Views: 50,820   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 31, 2019, 9:14 PM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3   Views: 50,820   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
Playing Pente for a year's worth of pizza!?
Posted: May 29, 2019, 1:51 PM

I gather that back in May of 2017 Hideaway Pizza held a Pente tournament in which the prize for the winner was a year's worth of pizza. So far, I haven't found out who won that tournament yet. Maybe they'll have another one around the 50th anniversary of Pente? Would you relocate to be near a Hideaway Pizza in order to take full advantage of this if you won the tournament? http://hideawaypizza.com/penterules

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

watsu

Home page
Re: Playing Pente for a year's worth of pizza!?
Posted: May 29, 2019, 2:17 PM

Looks like they may have held a couple of tournaments in 2017 and the prize was a $600 pizza for a year gift card. Hmm, something tells me $600 wouldn't buy me a years worth of pizza Still no luck finding out who the winner(s) was/were.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
casecanoe

Posted: May 31, 2019, 8:50 PM

I believe the last OKC Hideaway Pente tournament was won by Cat Gabrel. It was not held at the original Hideaway in Stillwater, OK., but one of the spin off Hideaways. And on a side note, Gary did not own Hideaway, he worked there in the kitchen area.

watsu

Home page
Posted: May 31, 2019, 9:14 PM

Thanks for the info, casecanoe.

Replies: 3   Views: 50,820   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]