Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: OOPS
Replies: 4   Views: 54,483   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 23, 2017, 6:15 PM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4   Views: 54,483   Pages: 1  
dmitriking

OOPS
Posted: Oct 23, 2017, 3:29 AM

Okay, so, I have a bunch of invites in my inbox that have been sitting there for a while. I decided to respond top them.

I accepted some. I declined 3 from Ivans73 for obvious reasons.

And I declined invites for COnnect6 and Gomoku, because I've decided I'm not a big fan of either game.

I was surprised to see two messages in my inbox telling me I dropped a level in the KoTH because apparently the invites I declined weer KoTH invites.

No big deal. I'm nowhere near good enough at connect6 to maintain any kind of hill ranking, and gomoke is just not interesting enough for me to care.

My question is - Would anything have prevented me from just ignoring those invites indefinitely?

watsu

Home page
Re: OOPS
Posted: Oct 23, 2017, 2:25 PM

Based on my understanding of what rainwolf has said, as long as you are a subscriber nothing would prevent you from indefinitely ignoring. For non subscribers, unresolved invitations bottleneck their game limits.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Oct 23, 2017, 3:24 PM

For non-subscribers the limit is 2, and this limit includes active sets, sent invitations, and received invitations. When that limit is reached, they can no longer receive/send invitations until that number drops below the limit by finishing a set/declining/canceling an invitation.

For subscribers the limit for these is 5, once that limit has been reached, they can no longer be sent direct invitations, but, as opposed to non-subscribers, they can still send out invitations to players eligible to receive them, still send out open invitations, and still accept open invitations. For subscribers, this limit of 5 is mostly to protect them from a flood of invitations.

dmitriking

Posted: Oct 23, 2017, 6:11 PM

"For subscribers the limit for these is 5, once that limit has been reached, they can no longer be sent direct invitations,"

I'm not sure if this is functioning properly.

I've had more than 5 KoTH matches going pretty much the entire time I've been playing since I returned to this site a couple months ago, but I've still received KoTH invites.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Oct 23, 2017, 6:15 PM

I forgot to mention that for subscribers, it is a per game/hill limit.

Replies: 4   Views: 54,483   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]