Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Troll “Players”
Replies: 5   Views: 1,804   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 3, 2024, 1:39 AM by: matt_123

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 5   Views: 1,804   Pages: 1  
s2pac

Troll “Players”
Posted: Jul 21, 2024, 7:51 PM

This is really more a rant than anything else because I don’t think anything can be done to prevent players from starting a game, making 1 or 2 moves, and then abandoning the set until their 10 day vacation time has expired. Of the 16 opponent turns in my queue it’s clearly obvious 6 of them are troll “players”. Whenever a player rated 1600 accepts one of my open challenges I just now assume they’ll be taking up wasted space in my queue. I don’t understand the how’s and why’s of this behavior. I’ll be turning 60 this year and am guessing most of the players on this site are within a 20 year range (plus or minus) given pentes heyday was in the 80’s and never really gained huge popularity.
Pente could definitely benefit from an influx of new, younger players to help keep it alive. Maybe the trolls are just an unfortunate byproduct of the process. Thus concludes my rant (bringing head back inside and closing the window).

sonjax

Re: Troll “Players”
Posted: Jul 21, 2024, 11:18 PM

nice name for those who start playing but then...??? I asked myself why they have so long extra time to stay in my list. Well now I know it, they are consuming their holiday .
Troll "Players" ) ggg

revelinred

Posted: Jul 22, 2024, 4:47 PM

Yea I don't understand it. I've had players that the game just timed out and I won. They would make 3 or 4 moves then nothing.

mumix

Posted: Jul 27, 2024, 5:34 AM

Maybe they just don't like the game that much and stopped playing. Would have been nice of them to just resign of course.

I don't accept games from new 1600 elo players... maybe good policy for you too.

s2pac

Posted: Jul 28, 2024, 3:49 AM

Mumix, you’re probably right that most of these players lose interest and just stop playing and are not intentionally being assholes. I do like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt no matter their rating and experience. If they no show after starting a game I just block them and b1tch about it afterwards.

matt_123

Posted: Sep 3, 2024, 1:39 AM

s2pac.

I'm new here even though I joined this site several years ago. I just started playing, and there's a player that is taking their time to move, and I think right before their games time out, they move and end up winning most of their games. That's what it looks like. I don't know the site well enough yet.

Replies: 5   Views: 1,804   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]