Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Houston Pente Club Meets again !
Replies: 29   Views: 103,125   Pages: 2   Last Post: Jul 29, 2009, 8:46 PM by: jhs55

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 29   Views: 103,125   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
jhs55

Re: Houston Pente Club Meets again !
Posted: Jul 23, 2009, 3:52 PM

Bring it Miss kekestuffins.....

smptexasma

Posted: Jul 24, 2009, 8:08 PM

I am from Houston an plan to attend. Is there any fees or registration. this will be my first tournament, and I have an original board.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jul 24, 2009, 9:34 PM

now im wishing i had come to the tourney
i recently heard there was a cash prize,...this could had paid my plane ticket expenses back lol

and jhs55, if you win by using my lines ill be expecting some royalties lol ;P

J/k,..i own no lines....or do i...hmmmmmm

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
ukie60

Home page
Posted: Jul 24, 2009, 10:03 PM

Good luck for all of you guys!!!!!
Jack....no beer and Pente......lol

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jul 24, 2009, 10:16 PM

jack wont drink, theres money on the line, oh and bragging rights!

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
jhs55

Posted: Jul 25, 2009, 2:12 AM

Hi smptexasma;, no fees , just bring yourself and friends
and your pente board, I will say that this is real informal, mostly a bunch of pente players from on line and from around Houston playing for fun and or beers.
I am trying to setting up a real pente tournament in november 2009, but right now I am testing the waters to see if nov, is suitable for everyone ?
And as for Zoeyk, your damn right I'll be using all kinds of stuff and stuff I have stole from you, however I can't be certain that I'll excute the moves to best use ???

kekestuf

Posted: Jul 25, 2009, 2:06 PM

yep, once the Guinness kicks in nothing is executed very well when we play on the deck Mr. Squishy! hehehe Randy and I promised each other no drinking until we get there! LOL last time we weren't expecting the level of play that Bernard and Tony brought to the table and we got our butt kicked cause we were hammered by the time they got there. So watch out boy! I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed when I get there! hehehe oh and I do plan to "bring it" ;-}

Welcome to our wonderfully eclectic group smptexasma! can't wait to meet you!

valvebabe

Posted: Jul 27, 2009, 7:00 PM

Well, you were both bright-eyed, but Randy seemed to be missing his bushy tail...

(Why do I seem to play much better once my opponents have had a few drinks?)

It was fun Jack; looking forward to November & happily humming away.

kekestuf

Posted: Jul 27, 2009, 9:53 PM

yep, I didn't tell anyone that Randy shaved his head just for shock value! LOL I was off before I started drinking...that's what happens when you talk trash before hand! LOL I was fun and great to see you guy's! can't wait till next time

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jul 28, 2009, 9:42 AM

so,..whens the next one? i heard november.. i cant make november, my daughter will be born in november. but perhaps january would work for me,..any how just a thought.

jhs55

Posted: Jul 28, 2009, 9:56 PM

Thanks everybody for coming out , it was great fun!even thou it was only a small group, it always seems to be a great relieve to see real players OTB for a change !
All in all I think Rlawler won the most games, I did,t play everybody , but at least I went 3 and 3 with randy..hehe...Valvebabe was also strong, smptexasman and joysway were new to HPC and were great fun to boot !, and kekestuffins was sure looking great and all dressed up ! Yikes !

jhs55

Posted: Jul 28, 2009, 10:02 PM

Also in the pente tube compition, Rlawler had the most wore out tube,
But it turnes out I had the oldest tube dated 1977 !, wooowhooo !, my tube is in the picture, secound from the right of the 4 tubes shown....

kekestuf

Posted: Jul 29, 2009, 1:21 AM

here's our contribution to the pics of sat night
run down of who's who...newly bald guy=rlawler, hat and glasses guy=JHS55, blond in the blue shirt=valvebabe, blond in denim jacket=joysway. didn't manage to get a pic of kekestuf because I was behind the camera all night.

Message was edited by: kekestuf at Jul 28, 2009 7:23 PM

Message was edited by: kekestuf at Jul 28, 2009 7:28 PM

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jul 29, 2009, 9:03 AM

wow cool, thanks for the show!

and jhs, i think my board is older than yours. i also have a 1977, how ever mine has a decorative emblem at the K10 center point. i think it was the first run made. not sure, but i think gary gabrel can clear that up.

any how i look forward to attending the next event. hopefully it will be hosted in a month that i am available.

zoey

jhs55

Posted: Jul 29, 2009, 8:46 PM

I hope so zoeyk, I am just kicking around november to see if thats a good time, I am trying to set a date that is before the holidays start....

Replies: 29   Views: 103,125   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Back to Topic List