Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: various
Replies: 8   Views: 29,252   Pages: 1   Last Post: Dec 11, 2013, 1:23 AM by: valleyboy

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 8   Views: 29,252   Pages: 1  
attis

various
Posted: Nov 22, 2013, 10:48 PM

Hi

I tried to play yesterday and today, and experienced the following:

-the java applet keeps loading forever (3-5 minutes)
-can't write messages neither to the game room's nor to the table's text boxes
(sometimes it just doesn't display the messages, and then suddenly in a minute or so, every message is diplayed simultaneuosly)
-in some cases I just can't drop the stone

using win7 sp1 64 bit, tried with firefox and chrome (with similar outcome), java 7 u 45

thanks
attis

rainwolf

Home page
Re: various
Posted: Nov 23, 2013, 2:07 PM

Hi Attis,
I'm a bit baffled as I can't duplicate your issues. It has been 2 days in a row for you, but does the issue still persist? My best guess now is that there was a high server load when you tried to play, but that is just a guess.

attis

Posted: Nov 30, 2013, 8:58 PM

Hi rainwolf,

thanks for the reply.

I tried it again (on the 26th), and it's still the same. I noticed, that until I make a move, everything seems OK. I mean that the table chat box is responding fast. After placing the first stone it gets very slow. (chat box has lag, placing a stone takes forever) Then I cancel the game, and everything is back to normal.

thanks
attis

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Dec 4, 2013, 8:37 AM

do a speed test on your internet connection.

check to see how much free space your hard drive has.

use the task bar manager to check how many programs your running and maybe turn some off.

replace your java with a older version of java maybe,.. or update to a newer one if you have a older one and it is not working right.

clear your browser cache/cookies.

reboot your router and modem and your computer.

try using a system restore to settings from before this problem started.

if using wi-fi, make sure your router is one of the newer ones that doesn't get mixed up in your neighbors signals.

do a search for CMD
Then use it to type in msconfig
and hit enter
a new window will pop up
go to the tab called Startup
there will be a list of all apps that start when you boot up your comp.
simply un-check the boxes of what you want to not run at boot up and then click on Apply,.. and Ok..
then reboot your comp.

thats all i can think of for now,..

good luck.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
painter62

Java
Posted: Dec 5, 2013, 1:20 AM

My computer is giving me fits telling me that Java can't run because of security issues. I haven't changed any settings and I was able to get on the site earlier today.
What in the world do I do now???
I'm not good at technical things on the computer...so...please offer relatively simple instructions for a fix.
Yes, I do have the latest version of Java installed.
I welcome any help.
Kathy

mikec64

Re: Java
Posted: Dec 5, 2013, 2:35 AM

FWIW... rainwolf updated the game today ~3pm server time. I think this is when it started. Upon seeing rainwolf's post, I replied letting it be known I've posted my experience here: http://pente.org/gameServer/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=3&threadID=229991&tstart=0

UPDATE... it's fixed!!

Message was edited by: mikec64 at Dec 5, 2013 12:47 PM

attis

Posted: Dec 7, 2013, 9:14 PM

thanks for trying to help, zoey

I think most of those things are unrelated to my problem.
(I have a clean install, had no problems on this site before with the same settings - java is the sole exception)

Today I could play the comp with no problems (no lag), then I started a game with a human player, and the lag was extreme again. My connection is OK, having no problems with other sites. (e.g. on the bombermine site my lag's well under 1 sec.)

@rainwolf
Is there a difference in how the site (code) recognizes the connection in case of games vs. the ai and vs. a human player?

thanks
attis

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Dec 8, 2013, 4:24 PM

Hey attis,
I do agree with you that it seems a server-side problem, but I don't know where to start, I'll still investigate though. What are your ping times to the server when you're experiencing that lag?

valleyboy

Posted: Dec 11, 2013, 1:23 AM

Rainwolf if you're reading this at least my odd error has been solved.

Replies: 8   Views: 29,252   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]