Home » Forum Home » Completed » 16th Anniversary World Champion Tournament 2015

Topic: R2- richardiii vs brf
Replies: 49   Views: 82,817   Pages: 4   Last Post: Apr 6, 2016, 5:51 PM by: invictus

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 49   Views: 82,817   Pages: 4   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
richardiii

Re: R2- richardiii vs brf
Posted: Feb 12, 2016, 7:41 AM

So when is a good day next?

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 14, 2016, 7:32 PM

brf, it's been 10 days since you have posted. 10 days of good snow boarding I hope.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
brf

Home page
Posted: Feb 15, 2016, 8:21 PM

actually the weather has been less then stellar so no snowboarding this last week. I work during the week and took off the afternoon the last time Rich and I played. I can try and make something work here in the evenings. front part of the week is the best for me. could try tonight? or tues-thurs evenings this week?

let me know what you're thinking works best for you Rich and we'll get something going.

richardiii

Posted: Feb 15, 2016, 11:19 PM

tonight "may" work, i don't know yet, same for tomorrow. If check in later and let u know.

richardiii

Posted: Feb 16, 2016, 3:32 AM

can't tonight. I'll aim for tomorrow night. prob 10 or 11 pm CST

brf

Home page
Posted: Feb 16, 2016, 5:04 AM

ok will shoot for tomorrow 2/16. shoot me a msg once you figure out the 10 or 11pm part (8-9pm my time) and will adjust accordingly.

richardiii

Posted: Feb 17, 2016, 3:06 AM

I am here, now.

brf

Home page
Posted: Feb 17, 2016, 6:07 AM

and thus we played. Zoey we did two sets, took about 2hrs and 15min and we finally just called it. my brain is warped, and rich was getting too drunk (me too really). so a total of 3-3 right now with another sweet session which we'll try and get in here sooner versus later. Keep me posted on the rest of your sched this week Rich and we'll lock something in soon here.

brf

Home page
Posted: Feb 23, 2016, 5:51 AM

played again. we only had time for a set. tied again. we're trying to work this but it takes a long time to play even one set. about 1.5hrs we've noticed. Rich and I are on it though, the ties should end at some point right? good thing for Ballast Point's Sculpin IPA, it made tonight possible.

richardiii

Posted: Feb 24, 2016, 11:52 PM

I like that IPA.

brf

Home page
Posted: Mar 1, 2016, 2:17 AM

re-iterating what I just said in another post in reply to invictus and that voting poll thread.
------------------------------------------

Rich and I have been in contact but neither of us have been able to make anything work this last week, the days that worked for me don't work for him and vice versa. personally I don't much mind calling it and just saying let Rich advance, it takes 2 hours+ every time he and I sync up and after 3 tries now (and 4 ties) I don't see any end in site to this scenario. sure one of us might get lucky and get the set but at this point I'm less likely to believe that than I was before we entered into this matchup.

The way we're going this could easily take another month and my 2016 St Pats tournament starts in 2 weeks at BK so I think it might just be best in the interests of this tournament to bow out so as to speed the next round a long and clear my plate before St. Pats. I will let Zoey decide how he wants to handle this but I think it's the best thing here...also, if I don't concede first then I'm sure Rich probably will...can't imagine he really wants to play a 5th-? set any more than I do .

Unless one of us gets too drunk and\or tired on a 2nd or 3rd hour of playing (even that seems unlikely at this point) then I don't see this match ending soon. I wish we could've worked this out to the preferred winner\loser conclusion but that is not happening here.

So, best of luck in the next round Rich! I'm perfectly ok with conceding my position here since this is time critical, we'll likely play again down the road anyway, and I can free up this never-ending task from the "stuff I need to get done column". Great matches and games though, I enjoyed the challenge of them.

-Brf

richardiii

Posted: Mar 1, 2016, 5:47 AM

Not only No, but Hell NO!

We will play this out!

If You drop BRF, then I do too.

r3

brf

Home page
Posted: Mar 1, 2016, 5:25 PM

Really? I feel bad for making everyone wait here and there is a pretty good chance that's all this is going to accomplish.

I don't know what to say then, if you want to continue this regardless and everyone else in the tournament doesn't care about this potentially taking 2 more months to complete, then I guess we can try and continue this. At some point though if this match doesn't progress and the ties continue to add up we're going to have to call this i feel anyway. Personally I think you should advance here, I don't really have time for the next round anyway...whereas you probably do.

richardiii

Posted: Mar 2, 2016, 2:10 AM

So everyone knows, brf and I have been phone texting when one of us is available, and we are working hard to get an opening very soon.

brf

Home page
Posted: Mar 3, 2016, 2:33 AM

yep exactly. I can't really be held responsible for not having Rich just lose his set to me either. He apparently plays well enough that it's just not something I can bust out with in a quick-like fashion.

We'll keep pounding this out since that is what is preferred. We'll try and update this accordingly with locked dates but rest assured we are communicating timeframes....but much like yesterday (he wanted to play but Brf was 4 pitchers deep into golden tee at local bar) so that wasn't happening.

We'll see what happens in the next continuation or two of the match, and assess what needs to be done if the ties do in fact keep going.

Replies: 49   Views: 82,817   Pages: 4   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]