Home » Forum Home » Help

Topic: Poofed stones aren't poofing
Replies: 4   Views: 30,353   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 26, 2017, 7:22 AM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4   Views: 30,353   Pages: 1  
dmitriking

Poofed stones aren't poofing
Posted: Sep 22, 2017, 4:11 PM

My subject line pretty much sums it up: When I'm moving around stones on the board, even if I have it set to poof-Pente, the stones that are supposed to disappear when playing into a capture aren't actually disappearing; thus making it difficult to analyze a poof-Pente position. am I doing something wrong? Or is the board just not set up for it?

watsu

Home page
Re: Poofed stones aren't poofing
Posted: Sep 23, 2017, 6:05 PM

I don't believe the database has ever been set up to handle poof games (specifically playing into a poof) correctly. There are a few options which can assist with that, but they aren't as convenient as the db. One of them is to play out a board unrated against an alternate account. Another is to preview an analysis post to the forum without actually posting. Once upon a time there was a poof pente program available for download online, but that website moved several years ago and the program didn't follow along.

ETA: now that I think about it, I seem to recall the db briefly working correctly on showing poofs, but I believe it messed up the db for the other games when it was working, so dweebo reverted it to how it stands. That's my recollection anyway, without searching through old forum posts.
Message was edited by: watsu at Sep 23, 2017 6:14 PM

Message was edited by: watsu at Sep 23, 2017 7:29 PM

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Sep 23, 2017, 11:17 PM

Poof seems to be working now. It was a hasty fix so if there are bugs to be fixed I'll take a look at them on Monday at earliest when I have more time at my computer.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Sep 26, 2017, 4:38 AM

This game:
https://www.pente.org/gameServer/viewLiveGame?mobile&g=50000000011894&w=712&h=562

and this game:
https://www.pente.org/gameServer/viewLiveGame?mobile&g=50000000189578&w=712&h=562

both have the last move made as a move into a poof. The boards display the finished position correctly without the poofed stones, but when one scrolls through the moves the stones are still on the board after the final moves. I don't recall that having been an issue in the past on completed boards, so I'm wondering whether the db display of poofs (which is awesome, thank you!) might have affected how they display?

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Sep 26, 2017, 7:22 AM

Good catch, I had a naming conflict with the poof functions that messed up things. Everything should be working again now.

Replies: 4   Views: 30,353   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]