Home » Forum Home » Analysis

Topic: Odd...
Replies: 4   Views: 21,656   Pages: 1   Last Post: Mar 31, 2021, 5:38 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4   Views: 21,656   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
Odd...
Posted: Mar 27, 2021, 10:01 PM

I seem to have logged in to a cached version of the site on another tab. The date and time are the same as today, but I have old completed games showing as still playable on that tab.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

rainwolf

Home page
Re: Odd...
Posted: Mar 28, 2021, 10:28 AM

There are a few possibilities here:
- it's indeed an old cached version, a reload or a hard reload would fix that. In addition, all moves are validated server-side as well, it's not possible to add moves or change moves that way.
- Maybe you accidentally navigated to my development server?

watsu

Home page
Posted: Mar 28, 2021, 2:22 PM

I don't think I got to the development server, but I'll tell you what I did to get there and you can decide that.
I was sharing an old forum post with someone and clicked on the link I shared to make sure it was what I was wanting them to see. That opened the new tab. What I saw there was only a portion of the moves on the board in the post, and it wasn't possible to scroll through them. There was a login user name and pw in the middle of the forum post, so I tried that. Then, the forum lost was correct, but when I clicked to the dashboard from there I was back at old games. I was able to make a couple of moves on those games and submit them with them showing up on my dashboard as no longer my turn.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Mar 31, 2021, 2:24 AM

send me that link in a direct message?

watsu

Home page
Posted: Mar 31, 2021, 5:38 AM

Done.

Replies: 4   Views: 21,656   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]