Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: Tournament pairings
Replies: 5   Views: 27,365   Pages: 1   Last Post: Apr 4, 2019, 5:25 AM by: karlw

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 5   Views: 27,365   Pages: 1  
karlw

Tournament pairings
Posted: Mar 26, 2019, 10:44 PM

In the 2nd round of mm pente, will I play the lowest remaining seed or the winner of the 18-19 match? In single elimination tournaments, normally you have a bracket which determines pairings, so I would play the winner of 18-19. But it looks like here they might just pair each round according to original seed, which isnt as good imo because if the 25 seed beats the 12 seed that usually means theyre stronger than their rating.

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.

rainwolf

Home page
Re: Tournament pairings
Posted: Mar 29, 2019, 10:23 AM

I think it is as you fear. I'll take a look at it in the future after the live game room is finished. Pairing methods need to be revised anyway when we do live tournaments again. The old ways won't work anymore.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Mar 30, 2019, 5:14 PM

I'm curious about "after the live game room is finished". It'll be great to see live tourneys happening here again. No pressure, just curious as to what rough time frame that might be happening in? Maybe I'll try to drum up a few old timers, if possible

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Mar 30, 2019, 8:56 PM

Can't really give a time frame, earlier than a year, perhaps in a few months. I'd postpone rallying the troops after it's finished. Phase 1 is to ditch Java and port the game room to a browser only experience, and this is what my estimate pertains to. Phase 2 is altering the game server and make it more amenable to tournaments because it solely depends on participants themselves to meet and play matches now, this needs to become more automated and directed by the server. This also means that future live tournaments will be mostly speed tournaments.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Mar 30, 2019, 10:33 PM

Excellent, I look forward to it!Also, the troops may need to shake some rust off

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
karlw

Posted: Apr 4, 2019, 5:25 AM

Wait, did someone say speed tournaments? I am aroused. Maybe I'll finally get to defend my rusty old crown...

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
Replies: 5   Views: 27,365   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]