Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: New DSG Tournament
Replies: 7   Views: 33,478   Pages: 1   Last Post: Mar 3, 2005, 3:25 PM by: dweebo

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 7   Views: 33,478   Pages: 1  
partica

New DSG Tournament
Posted: Feb 18, 2005, 7:57 AM

Is this a tournament rules pente tournament or D-Pente or GoMoku or Keryo or what?

dweebo

Home page
Re: New DSG Tournament
Posted: Feb 18, 2005, 2:39 PM

I thought it was fairly clear with the name "Pente - March 2005 Open" that the game was Pente

So the tournament will be for Pente, with tournament rule of course. But that is the only place it is mentioned. I will update the signup page to include what the game is.

In April or May I think we will have a D-Pente, Keryo and 2 Pente tournaments (one for players with ratings < 1700, one for players with ratings > 1700).

Thanks Partica,
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
partica

Posted: Feb 18, 2005, 6:05 PM

LOL :P

I figured it was pente I just wanted everyone to be clear on the issue because of previous discussions of the next one being a D-Pente tournament.

Thanks for pointing out my stupidity, Dweebo! (haha - not that I don't do a great job of that myself)

Pente Rocks! Nice to see you working so hard on this Dweebo! I appreciate your efforts! WOOHOOO!

marfitalu

Home page
Posted: Feb 19, 2005, 9:03 AM

Hello, I would like to know at which time GMT the tournament start. Sorry my english is not perfect, maybe I didn't read correctly the rules, but I can't see this information.
I apreciate too your nice job. Really excellent. Thanks.

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Feb 19, 2005, 2:21 PM

The tournament starts on 3/4/2005, probably by noon EST I'll have the sections created and the tournament server running.

So at around 17:00 GMT you can start playing in the tournament. Just to be clear though, the tournament doesn't require everyone to login and play at the same time, you have 14 days to play your matches with your opponents. It would take too long to play the whole tournament right away.

So you'll have until the end of 3/18/2005 to complete all of your matches in the first round.

Hope that clears it up!
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
marfitalu

Home page
Posted: Feb 19, 2005, 3:06 PM

Ok, that's great!
I put a notification on my new game's group http://groups.msn.com/Lerecueildesjeux/lestournois.msnw
If you don't agree with that, just tell me and I will take it off.

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Feb 20, 2005, 4:16 PM

Thanks for the link, I appreciate everyone helping to spread the word around, we already have a decent number signed up, I'd like to see us reach at least 30+ players. Keep bugging your Pente friends about the tournament, lets make it a blast!

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
dweebo

Home page
Posted: Mar 3, 2005, 3:25 PM

Last day to signup for the DSG Pente - March 2005 Open Tournament!

We already have a good group signed up, 36 right now, including last tournaments winner richardiii! Come one everyone who's been lagging, you know you want to play!

Signups will close at midnight tonight, and players can play their matches starting tomorrow.

Pente Rocks!
Replies: 7   Views: 33,478   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]