Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Where is everyone?
Replies: 40   Views: 159,407   Pages: 3   Last Post: Nov 14, 2011, 9:42 PM by: jaqueline_

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 40   Views: 159,407   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
snow_white

Re: Where is everyone?
Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 3:05 AM

You can count me in for Wednesday nights.

Thanks!

You just got smoked by a girl
karlw

Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 4:22 AM

I can play Wed nights at 7:30 eastern.

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 7:30 AM

ehhh im only available Thursday nights. and sometimes not even that. oh well. but i can play on Wednesday at 2:00 Am which is actually technically Thursday morning. so perhaps some night owls will show up to play me at that time.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
gaylen

Home page
Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 8:11 AM

I might show up.

My thoughts are that I am out of practice and when I was in practice I still wasn't up on this game.

Sometime in the 80s I got the idea of playing a round of various types of games with the winner of this kind of tournament being the player with the highest composit score of the required games played.

I was a regular pool player playing in weekly pool tournaments in a bar in Portland, OR. I talked to a friend/manager of this bar (Bear Paw Inn) about my idea of my multible game tournament; such as a game agenda of: best 2 out of 3 pool game, cribbage playoff (maybe one game), [I forget other 2 or 3 games played to finish the set]

The story here is that my friend Laura, apparently liked this idea, and being a Reedy,invited some of those people over to the bar one night to participate in this type of tournament setup.

Anyway, it was pretty entertaining to me [of course it was my idea, he he lol]
It was also kind of interesting that this was a Star Trek party and people were costumed as Star Trek characters. [Irrelevant side talk to this important message]

So MY idea for wednesday playoffs...is maybe A tournament with a composit of the various games available here in a round of play.

alisontate

Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 11:39 AM

Thanks for all the responses so far. The support is very encouraging. Please take the time to message your pente pals in here and get them to post on the thread too. If everyone who has posted a response here already gets one or two others to do it as well, then we will be in business.

Also, thanks for the interesting ideas and suggestions for mini tournements and feature games and so on. My goal here is to get a critical mass of people together in one place to play pente and reconnent with each other in a positive way. I leave it to all of you to organise events within that. I do like some of those suggestions though. What I suggest is to make sure many people come along on the first night and then ideas like this can be discussed and put into motion.

Thanks everyone again and keep the responses coming!

Pente rules!

~Ali

myooth

Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 12:25 PM

Hello,

first of all thanks for the message alisontate, what you are trying to do seems to be a great idea.

unfortunately, I am +5hrs to NY, so I am rather not able to log in from midnight to 5AM my local time.

i believe many players here live in the same timezone as me (or at least it used to be like that few yrs ago), so maybe it would be better to try saturday/sunday from 2-3PM NY time?

Cheers!

alisontate

Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 12:31 PM

hi myooth,

so you are 5 hours to the east of NY? Where is that?

Does anyone else have this issue?

myooth

Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 12:33 PM

The other hemisphere, I believe
Poland

alisontate

Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 1:06 PM

Oh! Sorry. I am in Australia so I can relate to your sentiment lol 7pm NY time is 10am here. Not as bad as midnight to 5am though!

alisontate

Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 1:12 PM

Just thinking about the hours. Perhaps a 4pm to 1am timeframe would be better? While on the one hand it would be best to constrain the time window so that we maximise the number of people logged in at any moment, but also we want to include as many people as possible. Thoughts anyone?

kolia

Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 4:13 PM

I cannot pick a day, since I'm pretty busy during the week. Oh well, I could, I just don't want to make an empty promise. Friday evening... no no. Weekends, sometimes I'm away. Whatever you will decide, I am assuming it would be something in the evening NY time - which is about midnight London time, which is fine by me (most of my games I play in late evenings/nights) - and midday in Aussie. Looks like everyone might be happy with that.

When you agree on something, post it please, and I'll do my best to drop into pente night.

Cheerio!

jasonb

Home page
Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 6:07 PM

I stopped playing here when I switched to iPad. The site code does not support iOS devices and I'm starting to think it never will. I've been playing TB at pente.net ever since . . . even got whooped up on by some of the folks responding to this forum.

I do miss real time play in the game room though and real time discussion during game play. This site renewed my 20 year old pente drought, and I am keeping it on my radar in hopes of new code to support the ever growing iOS market. An app would be huge!

Well, I really miss playing with you guys, and Alison, I thoroughly enjoyed the multiple battles we had.

alisontate

Posted: Nov 5, 2011, 11:59 PM

I miss you too Jason! Hope you can borrow a PC and join us on the night...

smeefpeef

Posted: Nov 6, 2011, 3:21 AM

Hi all.

I don't have a regular schedule; sometimes I'm up 'til 4 a.m., sometimes I'm up AT 4 a.m. Some days are mine to do whatever I wish, then I go for days at a time without a leisurely moment. In short, it may be hit-or-miss but I'll try to get here on whatever day/time you guys ultimately decide upon.

Way to shake the tree, Ali! Your Pente activism is an inspiration to us all...

watsu

Home page
Posted: Nov 6, 2011, 10:34 AM

Wednesday seems the most popular choice so far. Not the greatest day for me, but not terrible, I can live with it. Now, I'll just have to remember how to play and remember to login in once the day is officially chosen.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 40   Views: 159,407   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Back to Topic List