Replies: 4   Views: 64,507   Pages: 1  

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
zoeyk

Home page
zoeyk's rare pente board collection
Posted: Apr 4, 2010, 4:05 AM

Here is my large collection of rare boards.
feel free to ask me questions about them.

Some of these i will be selling on ebay.com soon. Some of these i will never sell.

A portion of these had belonged to the late "Jay E. Hoff", (my step father, and inventor of Boat-Pente) that i have inherited. (he was a player at this site by the name "jayehoff".)

The boards i inherited shall remain in my collection.

P.s. if you happen to purchase a board from me, my signature on them is optional

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message was edited by: zoeyk at Apr 3, 2010 10:08 PM

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare

ukie60

Home page
Re: zoeyk's rare pente board collection
Posted: Apr 7, 2010, 1:34 PM

Beautiful collection, Zoey.
I remember your Stepfather very well. We played many times.
P.s. I got some Pente board like yours...but can I have your signature for free.....

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 9, 2010, 7:47 PM

my signature will only be on boards bought from my collection, sorry ukie

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
gemini16th

Posted: Jun 30, 2012, 4:42 AM

Enjoyed viewing your Pente game set "Museum"!(some boards I've never seen). The rare travel(13 lines)small board is interesting- the same size many learn to play "GO" on. I have the "20th Aniversary Edition"(by Decipher games)- the board has warm, earth-toned graphics with strong black grid lines. Also have "Megiddo" (tube/roll-up version). It's ok, but I'm still loyal to Pente. Lately, I've thought of crafting a "faux" white/gray marble Pente board(as marble was the building material of choice in ancient Greece)- perhaps with metalic gold or silver inlaid grid lines. I'm surprised another manufacturer never produced one!

gemini16th

Posted: Jul 4, 2012, 4:27 AM
pente 1.jpg (22.0 K)
pente 2.jpg (25.9 K)

P.S. here are photos of the special Pente "Twentieth Anniversary Edition" by Decipher Games Co. Set comes with four sets of glass gems(clear, black, amber & red)- the large box doubles as a platform for the playing board.

Back to Topic List