Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Iphone Access or App
Replies: 43   Views: 233,219   Pages: 3   Last Post: Sep 9, 2015, 10:17 AM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 43   Views: 233,219   Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
smptexasma

Iphone Access or App
Posted: Jan 10, 2010, 12:11 AM

I there anyone working on an App or way to access Pente.ORG. Right now I can play Pente.Net from my Iphone, but I can't run the Java application from Pente.org from the Iphone. Anyone in the know????

alisontate

Re: Iphone Access or App
Posted: Jan 11, 2010, 2:22 PM

I would like to know too actually....

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Jan 11, 2010, 3:58 PM

i had one developer who was interested in developing a client to connect to pente.org on the iphone. unfortunately the issue is i'd have to rework some of how the game room server communicates, so that it would work w/ the iphone, and we never got very far.

i would like to move away from having to use java for playing the AI and playing turn-based games. a simple html interface would be great so mobile users could access the site better.

i would also love to extend my pente app for the Android platform (google phones) to access the site, but that is a big undertaking so haven't worked on it yet.

too many projects and not enough time
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
smptexasma

Posted: Jan 11, 2010, 5:06 PM

I know all about the time issue. I don't know how you do what you do already. Have you ever considered farming the App out to a startup programmer for the right to sell it.

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Jan 12, 2010, 4:59 PM

well that was sort of the plan i had with the player who wanted to work on the iphone app. however there still are changes on my end that need to be made.

question for you, are you interested in playing live games with other players from the iphone, turn-based games or games against the computer?

Pente Rocks!
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jan 12, 2010, 9:18 PM

correct me if im wrong but on the iphone the board would be a 13x13 grid in order to see the stones clearly? if so then to link to pente.org to play other players a new pente.org 13x13 format would need to be created i think.
although i suppose 19x19 could be done with a zoom feature.

as to the question of AI, turn based, or playing players live.
if it were AI i dont think youd need to link to pente.org, a AI can be built in, So i think that narrows it down to turn based or live play, or data base access. i personally would like to access the data base from it to search for novelty moves. and between turn based or live as a second choice ide probably pick turn based. in live play the board becomes even smaller to show table controls, and good luck reading table chat and conversing i think. but maybe im wrong.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
smptexasma

Posted: Jan 13, 2010, 12:52 PM

What I'm looking for is live play. I can do without the chat, just to be mobile. For turn base play I've been on Net since 2004, for AI play (excuse the pun) there's an App for that (brainium studios) AI level 4-5 at best. As for board size I play 19x19 on Net and zoom if need be.

jasonb

Home page
iPhone, iPad, iPod Access
Posted: Apr 7, 2011, 4:33 AM

Being the proud owner of an iPad, I would like to bump this topic and see if the possibility of playing Pente on this site from an iPad is on the horizon.

My guess is the cool factor would definitely increase the user base of Pente.org

BTW, if you don't already own an iPad, get one. . . very cool!

Jason

zoeyk

Home page
Re: iPhone, iPad, iPod Access
Posted: Apr 7, 2011, 11:54 AM

i think i pad does not allow java. not sure tho, i don't have an i pad.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
jasonb

Home page
Posted: Apr 8, 2011, 1:52 AM

Java = yes
Flash = no

This is interesting, the database works fine on the iPad. I'm not a programmer, but it would seem that the jump to making the game room available to iPad users wouldn't be to big of a deal

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Dec 17, 2012, 3:59 PM

It seems more a case of
Java, Flash = no, javascript = yes.

jasonb

Home page
Posted: Jan 19, 2013, 1:26 AM

My bad. Thanks for the clarification.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jan 29, 2013, 10:25 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know I've cooked up an iOS app to play the turn-based games on this website. It's available at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pente-live/id595426592?ls=1&mt=8

jasonb

Home page
Posted: Jan 29, 2013, 10:22 PM

Awesome! Downloaded. iPad friendly interface or real time play on the drawing board?

I really think opening the door to iOS users will draw traffic to this site.

Thank you!

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jan 29, 2013, 10:49 PM

I do want to incorporate messages and notifications. An iPad and iPhone5 friendly version depends on whether or not the app takes off.

If all of the above, yes, I would love to do real-time play, but I fear, as Dweebo said, that this implies some effort from his side, it might not, but at the moment I have not taken a close look at it. We will see

Replies: 43   Views: 233,219   Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]