Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Brf's St Patricks Day Tournament at Brainking
Replies: 80   Views: 380,631   Pages: 6   Last Post: Mar 13, 2018, 12:26 AM by: brf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 80   Views: 380,631   Pages: 6   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
illusion

Re: Brf's St Patricks Day Tournament at Brainking
Posted: Mar 26, 2011, 9:50 PM

i must sweep gaylen for your prediction. its early to know that out come. but thanks for your belief.

brf

Home page
Posted: Feb 15, 2012, 5:44 PM

Brf's 6th Annual St. Pat's Pente Tourney

Another yearly installment of the much anticipated "St Patricks Day Pente Tournament" is soon to begin at Brainking for those of you who play there also.

After constantly adjusting and tweaking the Tourney Settings every year to try and improve the flow and speed, last years parameter change of "10 wins match" should not have been selected. The 2011 tourney is still ongoing due to this improper setting for a "final match with two players."

With that key learning identified, I believe we'll use the same settings as last years format but lower the 10 wins match to something more reasonable '5' seems like a decent baseline since 3 is a bit light. With this minor change,
this years St Pat's Tourney should have the best settings yet for speed while maintaining a solid challenge to all players.

This is a prize tournament with 1 year Brain Rook awarded to the winner. The section size has been set at 7 people per section with time limits set at 2 days per move with vacation allowed.....anything more and the tourney won't finish before the 2013 St Patty's tourney.

Do you feel you have the Pente luck of the Irish? well sign up and see how far you can make it through the Rounds! On St.Patricks Day (March 17, 2012) the tourney begins!

My thanks to all of you who love pente and continue to sign up for this tournament every year! Good luck to all of you, I look forward to playing you across the board!

PAST TOURNAMENT RESULTS!
St Patty's 2011 WINNERS: Aleph?, Brf? (In Progress!)
St Patty's 2010 WINNERS: Karlw, Novatis
St Patty's 2009 WINNER: Nosovs
St Patty's 2008 WINNERS: Richard III, Nosovs
St Patty's 2007 WINNER: Brf!

brf

Home page
Posted: Mar 13, 2012, 6:15 PM

Brf's 6th Annual St. Pat's Pente Tourney

we're up to 55 players right now with only 16 hours left to sign up! I suspect we'll probably get another 5 more last minute stragglers.

If you're on the fence and haven't signed up yet...go ahead and head on over and join in with the rest of us! looks to be a fun tournament this year!

I look forward to playing you all over the board.
-Brf

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jul 6, 2012, 11:49 AM

just bumping this thread up so its on page one when i need to check the tourney im in

thanks,
~z

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jul 12, 2012, 10:42 AM

round 2 has started! good luck all.

http://brainking.com/en/Tournaments?tri=723964&sadb=1

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jul 13, 2012, 11:12 PM

here is a game me and s3v3n are currently playing in the tourney. please no comments on the game as we are still playing it, but i wanted to share since i thought was interesting. i will simply do a recap explaining how we got here, but with out explaining any thing having to do with any future moves.

M10 is a Novelty move by S3v3n. seems i had many options to respond. I went with defending from capture to solidify position and material advantage, perhaps Adzi if certain principles continue.

while my stones are split on both sides seemingly disconnected or isolated, i do have higher material count, so seemed ok to disconnect from two stones on the left since im up two stones in material.

M10 is a advanced concept move, instead of taking material in trade to be even, Player 2 sacrifices material, passes up capture opportunity, in order to jockey into position, in hopes to speed up own tempo. trading material for position and tempo speed increase.

and here is the direct link to the game to view it as we progress with more moves.
http://brainking.com/en/ShowGame?g=5792342

Message was edited by: zoeyk at Jul 13, 2012 5:19 PM

brf

Home page
Posted: Feb 15, 2013, 7:22 PM

Brf's 7th Annual St. Patricks Day Pente Tourney - 2013!

Well it's that time of year again so I thought I'd post a link here for the Pente.org players that also play at brainking.

we continue to have a really good turnout on this tournament every year so I look forward to getting as many players to sign up as possible. The parameters of the tourney are 7 players per section with 2 days per move (minus any vacation or weekend days of course).

Final match type for two player section: 4 wins match. (this is rare but the last two years have seen it come down to this 2 player race to the finish).

The Tournament starts March 17th 2013. This is a fun tournament, please consider signing up I would definitely like to get as many players along for the ride as we can, and I hope to see you across the board this year!

-Brf

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 15, 2013, 9:48 PM

Ill consider it. thanks.

brf

Home page
Posted: Mar 14, 2013, 4:50 PM

7th Annual St Pats Pente Tourney for 2013

there is only 3 more days to sign up if you're interested in joining in on the fun. Currently we're at 41 people signed up and it looks to be another great tournament this year. Hurry and sign up before you miss the Sunday deadline!

I hope to see you across the board in this years tournament!
-Brf

elric

Posted: Mar 14, 2013, 8:21 PM

Thanks for the heads up I just started playing over there and will see if I have enough game slots to sign up for this.

brf

Home page
Posted: Mar 15, 2013, 5:24 PM

we're up to 60 people and there is only 2 more days left to sign up!! it's looking to be a good turnout with some challenging matchups this year. If you're on the fence don't even hesitate just click this link! 7th Annual St Pats Pente Tourney 2013

illusion

Posted: Mar 17, 2013, 5:22 AM

i signed up. not sure how far i will stick it through tho. we'll see.

theskald

Posted: Mar 17, 2013, 4:03 PM

Bummer. I didn't see this in time. We need to keep it bumped to the top of the forum when it is close to the deadline.

brf

Home page
Brf's 8th Annual St. Pat's Pente Tourney
Posted: Feb 21, 2014, 3:09 AM

Brf's 8th Annual St. Pat's Pente Tourney is all set up, just click the link and sign up if you'd like to play in this years tourney. We usually get 60-80 participants

Here is the actual Tourney Description:

Yet once more we're back again with another yearly installment of the "Brf's St Patricks Day Pente Tournament"

Last year we finally broke the trend of the tournament coming down to a single "final match with two players" (I didn't make it to round 3 either, coincidence? . All that notwithstanding, It's been a busy year on the St Pat's tourney front with the 5th annual and 6th annual ending in line with the 7th annual. We're now on a clean tourney slate, and on the off chance this year we see a final round with only 2 players, the setting will be a 4 wins match so as to try and have the tournament complete in a timely fashion.

This years St Pat's Tourney has the best settings based on 8 years of tweaks for speed while ensuring a solid challenge to all players.

As usual this is a prize tournament with 1 year Brain Rook awarded to the winner. The section size has been set at 7 people per section with time limits set at 2 days per move with vacation allowed.....anything more and the tourney won't finish before the 2015 St Patty's tourney.

Please keep in mind we've had quite the issue in years past of people using alternate accts (which messes with seeding) and not fessing up about it. Based on the results of THIS POLL, I'm going to be asking all such accounts (without an established Pente BKR) to let me know if this is a legit 'unrated' account or "other". If you fit into this category and I don't receive a Private Message explaining your acct situation before the tourney start time, I will remove the acct from the tournament. I'm sorry to have to do this, but please read the message boards of prior tourney's and you'll understand the debacle I'm trying to prevent.

It's almost here! Do you feel you have the Pente luck of the Irish? well sign up and see how far you can make it through the Rounds! On St.Patricks Day (March 17, 2014) the tourney begins!

My thanks to all of you who continue to sign up for this tournament every year! Good luck to all of you, I look forward to playing you across the board!

PAST TOURNAMENT RESULTS!
St Patty's 2014 WINNERS: ????
St Patty's 2013 WINNERS: Aleph, Spavacz, RichardIII
St Patty's 2012 WINNER: Brf!
St Patty's 2011 WINNER: Brf!
St Patty's 2010 WINNERS: Karlw, Novatis
St Patty's 2009 WINNER: Nosovs
St Patty's 2008 WINNERS: Richard III, Nosovs
St Patty's 2007 WINNER: Brf!

brf

Home page
Re: Brf's 8th Annual St. Pat's Pente Tourney
Posted: Mar 10, 2014, 6:42 PM

OK we're down to 7 days left before start time. We're at 32 players signed up right now, I suspect we'll get probably about that many more in the next 7 days. If you're on the fence please consider signing up and joining in on the fun. Here's the link one more time St Pat's 2014

On March 17 at midnight the tournament will begin, I look forward to seeing you across the board

-Brf

Replies: 80   Views: 380,631   Pages: 6   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]