Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Brf's St Patricks Day Tournament at Brainking
Replies: 80   Views: 386,307   Pages: 6   Last Post: Mar 13, 2018, 12:26 AM by: brf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 80   Views: 386,307   Pages: 6   [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
jhs55

Re: Brf's St Patricks Day Tournament at Brainking - 2011!
Posted: Feb 20, 2011, 3:58 PM

The Brain King site confuses me, and it wont let me back into the site anyway,
If the tourny didn't last soooo long it would be more attrctive to me and some others I ve talked to.

Hey I am honking at ukie ! peep peep !

ukie60

Home page
Re: Brf's St Patricks Day Tournament at Brainking
Posted: Feb 22, 2011, 5:25 PM

Guys...THANK YOU very much. Happyj0 I cant believe you show respect to players like me. Bless your Great Heart. Special thank you to Jack who is very patient to me....:P
But brf is talking only about high score players...
ukie

brf

Home page
Posted: Feb 23, 2011, 1:51 AM

Ukie: Nope, it's open to all

As far as illusion's comment...only one time has it came down to two players and that was last year. Due to what Karl and Novatis decided, they wanted to have many sets to see if someone could sweep the other and thus chose to finish it here. That is why a 10 wins match was chosen (and ONLY if 2 players are in the last round, highly unlikely). That basically only means 5 sets anyway even if this rare scenario occurred again.

With any luck this tournament will be over in 6 months like the last one was. The 2 day move timer even with vacation allowed definitely speeds up the tourney even when ~80 or so players like we typically see are signed up.

JHS55 as far confusion with the BK site I can't help you on that one...for turned based I like it and I only use a few links on the page anyway...sounds like you need to spend a some time in acct settings to streamline what you see....though if you can't log on you should try sending Fencer a msg and asking him to reset your acct or something.

ONLY 23 DAYS LEFT TO SIGN UP! 2011 Tourney Link

jhs55

Posted: Feb 23, 2011, 1:55 AM

ok, brf, I ll try that...

brf

Home page
Posted: Mar 3, 2011, 6:50 PM

we're up to 48 people signed up! there is still 2 weeks before the doors close....if you're on the fence consider heading over to BK and putting your signature on the signup list, I'd love to get even more players signed up for the tournament!

Hope to see more of you there....March 17th quickly approaches!

jhs55

Posted: Mar 5, 2011, 3:56 AM

bfr
I ve sent messages to the BK dude with no response, I ve tryed to create a new account, but can't do that becouse of my email is still known as someone else, someone else is me with old account, I'll play in your tourny if I can... get past this BS...

brf

Home page
Posted: Mar 9, 2011, 2:07 AM

wow that sucks Jhs...didn't think it'd be this hard to get that going, fencer has always gotten right back to me on stuff like that. I'd say just make a free gmail acct and then sign up for new acct at BK called 'jhs55' using the new gmail acct...looks like that name isn't taken?

we're really getting a good turnout, Rich said he's even going to try and sign up as soon as he gets a few more games done. Right now we're at 67 people signed up....so with the last remaining stragglers signing up we'll probably be between 70-80 people which would work out to 10-11 (7) player sections.

This is the last week to sign up folks! there are only NINE days left to make it into this years tournament, quit procrastinating you're almost out of time!

richardiii

Posted: Mar 16, 2011, 4:14 AM

How many sections will there be under the present count?

brf

Home page
Posted: Mar 16, 2011, 2:19 PM

Rich, with 70 people signed up even if we lost a few pawns for having too many games at signup I think there will be 10 sections of 7 people.

assuming some ties in some of the sections we may have 14 people going to round 2 (so conceivably round 2 may be two 7 player sections also)

the whole tournament was over in 6 months last year give or take which was the fastest time yet, so I have hopes that this trend will continue since the format is essentially unchanged.

Right now there is only 24 HOURS left to sign up for any of you last minute stragglers, don't miss out on this years tourney or you have to wait a whole year for this opportunity to come around again.

Good luck to everyone that has already entered, I look forward to playing you across the board! -Brf

ukie60

Home page
Posted: Mar 23, 2011, 5:49 PM

BRF how is Tournament going???? Its so interesting. Please, let us know.
Thank you.
ukie

brf

Home page
Posted: Mar 25, 2011, 4:43 AM

Sure Ukie

Here's the St Pat's status report:

Actually things are moving at a good clip as of today (3-24-2011).

77 people signed up for the tournament, this made for 11 sections with 7 people in each of them.

In the first round all sections had 462 games to play out at tourney start, and we're down to about 339 running games now. So we're probably about ~30% complete into round 1 with 123 games completed.

We've had a really good turnout and alot of extremely good players are intermixed throughout all the sections. It will be pretty cool to watch the tourney as it continues to unfold, especially seeing who is going to advance in each section onto round 2.

-Brf

ukie60

Home page
Posted: Mar 25, 2011, 5:16 AM

Thank you brf....I am pretty sure it is so interesting...Please, tell us more whats going on...
Thank you
ukie

illusion

Posted: Mar 25, 2011, 10:25 AM

Predictions for round 2;

nosovs
dein
jozso (maybe)
novatis (maybe)
lisa a
brf
s3v3n
happyjuggler0
aleph 1
richardiii
brian008
gaylen
illusion (maybe)
karlw

ukie60

Home page
Posted: Mar 26, 2011, 1:28 AM

Thank you Dear Illusion!!! This is great you let us know anout players at Tournament becouse only 2...3 names not Pente.org players. Go Pente. org!!!...

lisa_a

Posted: Mar 26, 2011, 6:12 PM

This is my round 2 prediction:

1. nosovs
2. dein
3. novatis
4. brf
5. s3v3n
6. happyjuggler0
7. aleph 1
8. richardiii