Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: To the Pente Public
Replies: 14   Views: 32,284   Pages: 1   Last Post: Dec 8, 2006, 12:04 AM by: nodnarbo

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 14   Views: 32,284   Pages: 1  
karlw

To the Pente Public
Posted: Nov 8, 2006, 12:30 AM

(edited response to brf's message)

Please let me defend myself, although I've been over all this with dweebo and richard several times and they know where I stand.

Please do not think that just because your friends think I am an ***, that is the case. I have made some mistakes, especially regarding my admin status, but that is no longer the case as I now understand my responsibilites. Dweebo made me admin without really telling me anything about it, just so I could run his tournaments, which is tedious work and not much fun, but I do it because I love this game, I love this site, and I want to have more excitement on this site, a fact you overlook when describing all the terrible things you've heard about my actions on this site.

I have never changed a game from non-rated to rated without telling my opponent. People have done this to me several times, but I try not to let it get to me. I have never changed a time limit without telling my opponent. I have never bumped anyone except for screw, and that was after a healthy volley of abuse on his part directed at me with little provocation. Screw has belittled me ever since i met him back when I sucked at this game.

One of the cases which you've probably heard of where I overstepped my bounds was entering private tables. That was a misunderstanding on my part, and it hasn't happened since dweebo straightened things out with me. As to sportsmanship, if you play me you will find that I am a very good sport; I always grant undos and I always allow cancels. The only thing I can think of is I to like to do a little ribbing if it's someone I know and we're playing some good pente, and some one could misconstrue that as abuse, but it is clearly not. I have made many good friends on this site (awakening, rich, melanie, frenchafry, rake, jozso, and others) who i play regularly. I have given pente lessons, pente advice, pente discussions, you name it.

Sometimes my competitive nature gets the best of me, and I have a very sarcastic sense of humor which can be interpreted as cynical and possibly rude. I apologize if I have offended anyone on this site.

Karl

It's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.

thad

Home page
Re: To the Pente Public
Posted: Nov 23, 2006, 9:17 AM

If it were up to me, you'd be banned from this site for this.

karlw

Posted: Nov 23, 2006, 9:23 AM

why do so many people on this site have no sense of humor??

nodnarbo

Posted: Nov 24, 2006, 11:02 PM

mostly because sarcasm doesn't work well over the internet

karlw

Posted: Nov 24, 2006, 11:17 PM

yeah you hit the nail on the head nod.

samwise

Posted: Nov 26, 2006, 6:55 AM

> If it were up to me, you'd be banned from this site
> for > href="http://thad.com/temp/Picture.png">this.

chaosu

Home page
Posted: Nov 26, 2006, 11:51 AM

Because i just readed Your post in topic about weird rating change. Someone wrote over 1 page and You just posted 'Agree'. That's lame and unliked over internet. Also You spam other boards with not needed comments. Thats lame and i dislike it very much.

nodnarbo

Posted: Nov 27, 2006, 5:38 AM

Also If people have a reason to not like you...and suddenly you gain power, they will hate you even more no matter what you do.

(I don't know what side I'm on :P)

karlw

Posted: Nov 27, 2006, 6:37 PM

i'm sorry you forfeited out of the tournament, chaosu. maybe next time you'll play your games on time!

spifster

Posted: Dec 3, 2006, 8:20 AM

Chaosu-

The post about rating changes asked Dweebo to explain from an admin perspective why the odd rating change happened. Since Up is not an admin, and karl is, typing something as simple as 'agreed' would confirm that was up said in his page-long response is, in fact, what is going on in the code behind this site, something that karl or peter is needed to validate.

And you don't speak for the whole internet... it is not an elitist society of l33t h8xers delegating rules of how to post on forums to all the noobs out there.

I think Nod speaks the truth when he says sarcasm doesn't come across well online...

spifster

Posted: Dec 3, 2006, 8:24 AM

Pardon me if my interpretation of any of this is wrong in your view, feel free to correct...

chaosu

Home page
Posted: Dec 5, 2006, 9:48 PM

I speaks for myself.
And karlws position do not change my opinion.
To make it correct, I am going to change my post to:

Because i just readed Your post in topic about weird rating change. Someone wrote over 1 page and You just posted 'Agree'. That's lame and unliked (by me) over internet. Also You spam(this is how i see it) other boards with not needed comments. Thats lame in my opinion and i dislike it very much.

I hope that Your post wasn't mean to be offensive to me.
And I agree with nodnarbo too.

spifster

Posted: Dec 6, 2006, 12:17 AM

yea, sorry about being all harsh, sometimes when i think ppl are trying to control other ppl and be elitist douchebags i get upset

but it seems you are not

so

sorry if i offended or anything

karlw

Posted: Dec 6, 2006, 1:14 AM

Someone wrote over 1 page and You just posted 'Agree'. That's lame and unliked (by me) over internet. Also You spam (this is how i see it) other boards with not needed comments. Thats lame in my opinion and i dislike it very much.

Last I checked, your opinion isn't the only one, and it's far from being fact. Maybe you should take a look at some of my 1 page posts.

nodnarbo

Posted: Dec 8, 2006, 12:04 AM

...such as the one at the top of this page

Replies: 14   Views: 32,284   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List