Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Site update!
Replies: 35   Views: 48,172   Pages: 3   Last Post: Jul 7, 2022, 11:57 PM by: wayak

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 35   Views: 48,172   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
metzgerism

Re: Site update!
Posted: Jun 28, 2022, 9:25 PM

Thanks Zach! I know I said "I hate it!" but think everyone recognizes that UI changes are often WIP when it's a small/passion project. Glad to see you want to make it as workable as possible for as many of us as possible.

Now that it's gone I miss it...

gaylen

Home page
Posted: Jun 28, 2022, 10:28 PM

The first thing to strike me was that the page is harder to navigate because it is mostly white with little color coding. I would suggest more pastel colors rather than highly saturated colors for separation of categories.

I worked in the file room at a loan servicing company/bank back in the 90's. Within a few months time another building was added along with a bunch more employees. There were about a dozen people doing file pulls every hour throughout the day and always new employees coming in. I created a list of employees requesting files in word which I linked to a map of all the floors in 4 separate building that I also created in Lotus 1-2-3. Then I color coded employee names of people that regularly requested files in their departments, with similar color coding and added numbers that matched their name with their desk. This made it possible to easily locate employees that requested files within maybe 2 seconds time by using 2 sheets of paper for maps as opposed to 3/4 of an hour -- which it took at times -- for locating newer employees.
The main pente page here isn't that complicated but color coding would make it much quicker to navigate.

madmike

Posted: Jun 29, 2022, 12:04 AM

Change is difficult. Sometimes there is a better way, but I wondered what was wrong with original version.

richardiii

Posted: Jun 29, 2022, 6:16 PM

Hello guys, I want this site to really succeed. This game is a really good challenge to smart minds. I've been playing sense nearly when the game was invented by Gary. I bought it off his first tube series. Lets figure out how to make this game shine again

richardiii

Posted: Jul 5, 2022, 8:41 AM

Message was edited by: richardiii at Jul 5, 2022, 8:42 AM

wayak

Posted: Jul 7, 2022, 11:57 PM

> Hello guys, I want this site to really succeed. This game is a really good challenge to smart minds. I've been playing sense nearly when the game was invented by Gary. I bought it off his first tube series. Lets figure out how to make this game shine again.

It is a wonderful game and thank you for your efforts on it.

Replies: 35   Views: 48,172   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]