Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: The Hammer Opening and Pulling the Sword from the Stone
Replies: 2   Views: 17,495   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 7, 2021, 11:18 PM by: pr0sper0

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 17,495   Pages: 1  
pr0sper0

The Hammer Opening and Pulling the Sword from the Stone
Posted: Oct 7, 2021, 10:51 PM

I understand the hammer opening and trying to figure out the best moves for white etc...but what exactly is the "Pulling the Sword from the Stone" part referring to? I might be just glossing over something simple or missed the explanation in the forum. On a side note...playing the computer is hard. It seems to have perfect play but maybe I am just playing too fast and not stopping to think. In conjunction with this...who programmed it and in what language and is there source code available? Has anyone on here beat the computer on the highest level and if so is there a way to see that game and the strategy involved?

karlw

Re: The Hammer Opening and Pulling the Sword from the Stone
Posted: Oct 7, 2021, 11:05 PM

Can you link to the "pulling the sword from the stone" excerpt? My guess is that's Zoey waxing poetic about how the hammer appears to be good for P1 at lower levels, but at the master level it is theorized that P2 wins. Anyone who could prove that it is actually P1 who wins would be like the famed King Arthur, the only one who could pull the sword from the stone. Or something like that.

pr0sper0

Re: The Hammer Opening and Pulling the Sword from the Stone
Posted: Oct 7, 2021, 11:18 PM

Okay yes that was a great clarification! Thank you so much...I had thought it was getting rid of "said" stones in an order that resembled the layout of a sword as you start out at at K10 then go to the right etc...wow OK sorry for the lack of logic. Alright so solve for player 1 even though masters speculate player 2 will win etc...got it! Thank you!

Replies: 2   Views: 17,495   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]