Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Pente, swap2 is on the calendar for August's Mind Sports Oympics!
Replies: 8   Views: 23,896   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 3, 2021, 5:19 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 8   Views: 23,896   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
Pente, swap2 is on the calendar for August's Mind Sports Oympics!
Posted: Jun 3, 2021, 5:05 AM

At least it's on the provisional calendar, fingers crossed!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pQXPB22KOnK0srAHgnwhzJ31XDEHaQm7TTvQK5QGajw/edit#gid=0

Oh, and gomoku is too, yay! So far, I don't see renju, but I missed gomoku on my first look.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

watsu

Home page
Re: Pente, swap2 is on the calendar for August's Mind Sports Oympics!
Posted: Jun 3, 2021, 5:24 AM

Some of us have put up offers for prize money for junior, senior and overall finishers for this. So, a bit of extra incentive there, if anyone needs it. I'm betting at least one junior (under 17) player from the Macau Renju Association will win some prize money; they've been doing some serious tournament practice lately.

Message was edited by: watsu at Jun 3, 2021, 9:59 AM

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 8, 2021, 1:34 AM

i do not like that they can view my games in db but i can not view theirs. this not very balanced.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
watsu

Home page
Posted: Jun 8, 2021, 6:32 AM

Well, if they don't subscribe here (and I think most aren't even signed up here) they can only see your games in the db for the first month). No, you can't search a db there, but you can look at and download games from vint.ee. Doesn't seem to me any less balanced than say a tournament at BK, except that they play live, mostly speed games there. And, I had to introduce hammer theory. If I were them (expert gomoku/renju players at vint.ee), I'd need all the unbalanced help I could get in the next several months to stand a chance of winning against the Pente matery and creativity of Zoeyk. I'm pente_player there, you've played me live here. I've played most of the top rated players there and given you a list of their names and IDs. Pente_gon is Arcoroc there.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Jun 8, 2021, 5:02 PM

In the interest of a good turnout and showing by teams USA and pente.org, in the next couple of days I'll write up some general ideas and tips for swap2 Pente, vint.ee and playing Pente against gomoku and renju players and can send them to any interested players here (who have been registered for at least a month) on request.

gaylen

Home page
Posted: Jul 3, 2021, 3:33 AM

I signed up for my interest in playing Swap 2, but I still haven't come across the rules for this game!

watsu

Home page
Posted: Jul 3, 2021, 4:05 AM

https://www.vint.ee/en-gb/gomoku-rules
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pente#Tournament_rules

gaylen

Home page
Posted: Jul 3, 2021, 4:46 AM

Thank you! So just to be clear it looks like player one is black in this game. Correct?

watsu

Home page
Posted: Jul 3, 2021, 5:19 AM

On vint.ee, that's correct. Anywhere else it may be played, I don't know. As far as I know, vint.ee is currently the only site where the swap2 Pente opening rules are played, though. Once I actually get around to writing up my tips, among them will be for people to actually play at least a few games on vint.ee prior to the MSO tournament to familiarize themselves with the differences (no undos, 15x15 board, different method of keeping track of captured stones, etc).

Replies: 8   Views: 23,896   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]