Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Trying to find old players
Replies: 3   Views: 51,715   Pages: 1   Last Post: Mar 19, 2019, 12:38 AM by: karlw

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3   Views: 51,715   Pages: 1  
karlw

Trying to find old players
Posted: Mar 17, 2019, 7:41 AM

Watsu already filled me in on the whereabouts (mostly the lack of any concrete information, sadly) of many top players from the early 2000's, but I thought I'd make a general post about the topic in the hopes that those with more knowledge/connections might someday see it. Many of these players were last seen around the end of the pente.org live play era, circa 2015. Where are they now?

brf
zoeyk
richardiii
jozso
melanie
spavacz
be_water
novatis

Financial reward for information leading to the tracking down of any of the above characters.

watsu

Home page
Re: Trying to find old players
Posted: Mar 17, 2019, 9:13 PM

Rich popped his head in the other day to ask me about Boat rules, but I haven't seen him since.
Brf I haven't seen in a few months now, but he was fairly active not too long ago, though I think his activity was trailing off.
Spavacz bowed out of the last Pente tourney in the middle.
I've got nothing on the rest of the lineup...

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Mar 18, 2019, 2:29 AM

OK here, where's my financial reward? Lol
Rich and nosovs are on my fb. They are alive and well. I can contact them if needed. Rich can contact Melanie I think, if there is good reason.

The others I dunno. Me I'm alive. Working and living in SF as a chef. I have my daughter who is 9 years old now. Been busy but life is good. How are you?

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
karlw

Posted: Mar 19, 2019, 12:38 AM

I lied about the financial reward. I just want to play some good pente, and that's the list of my favorite opponents from yesteryear. My extended hiatus (and experience in the competitive chess community) has given me a new perspective on the game, and I want to see how much if it is accurate. So wipe off the rust and meet me over the board.

Replies: 3   Views: 51,715   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]