Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Any speed D players here?
Replies: 5   Views: 51,938   Pages: 1   Last Post: Feb 7, 2019, 10:10 PM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 5   Views: 51,938   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
Any speed D players here?
Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 5:17 PM

I just finished playing in a 2 player tournament at mindoku dot com against qaismodo. I managed to gain 8 rating points while losing 9 games (and winning 2). For some reason in the tournament I only got to place the stones in 2 or 3 of the games, but I'm sure he stil would have whupped me. They play it a little differently there, with the swap occurring with 3 stones placed on the board (and the board is 15x15). Anyway, if you want some creative ideas for openings or to play a very tough swap speed Pente opponent, I recommend hitting him up for some games. The last time I played him over there his rating was much lower, so he took a lot of points from me, but now his rating is about 450 points higher than mine, so I can get a few back

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

watsu

Home page
Re: Any speed D players here?
Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 5:33 PM

And of course when I went back just now and challenged him, I won 2/3 games, the ones which I proposed. Sigh.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 6:06 PM

I believe pente_gon likes to play D-Pente, maybe even more live than turn-based.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 6:13 PM

Yeah, I remember he invited me to play it here, but I haven't been able to get in to the game room for live games for awhile. I think he may play it over there some. I'm not positive it's him, but there's a player named Arcoroc over there who is very good at both Pente and Gomoku and he registered in the past year. He would be my first guess on that profile

pente_gon

Posted: Feb 7, 2019, 8:37 PM

Well done dear Wats(u)on problem is that I mainly play on phone and this site is not really adapted for it and I made missclicks very often. It is also really hard to find someone to play there.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Feb 7, 2019, 10:10 PM

I agree with you about the site. I have difficulty with misclicks (not Muslims, autocorrect, lol) when I try to play there on my tablet, so I can see why you wouldn't want to play there On your phone, especially since there is no info button if you misclick. It'd be great if some of the best players over there showed up here occasionally, but I'm not sure if it when that might happen. Maybe me winning 2 games with the same proposal against the number 3 rated player there and letting the number 4 player (who has lost his last 5 games to #3) may help. My profile says my location is Pente org if he wants to study the game

Message was edited by: watsu at Feb 7, 2019 11:48 PM

Replies: 5   Views: 51,938   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]