Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Go (Beta)
Replies: 17   Views: 150,017   Pages: 2   Last Post: Mar 6, 2018, 8:29 PM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 17   Views: 150,017   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
rainwolf

Home page
Re: Go (Beta)
Posted: Feb 23, 2018, 8:54 AM

Live 9x9 and 13x13 Go are now also available across all devices

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Feb 23, 2018, 1:10 PM

I'm keeping the separate Go room for a bit longer, but Go is now also available in the other rooms, and in KotH

watsu

Home page
Posted: Mar 6, 2018, 8:29 PM

Should rating changes between two equally rated established players be adjusted on the same basis as set wins in other games? I'm on the fence about this issue. On the one hand, I think that it makes sense to adjust ratings more for winning a set of games than for winning a single game. A pair of single games which finish at different times between two equally matched players could have different results in terms of point swings if games against other players are finished in between the ending of the first game in the pair and the second game of the pair.
On the other hand, Go is a much longer game than other games played on the site, so rewarding the winner of the game with rating points equivalent to winning a set of games in a different game like Pente or C6 makes some sense.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 17   Views: 150,017   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]