Replies: 5   Views: 55,008   Pages: 1   Last Post: Dec 1, 2017, 3:16 AM by: brf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 5   Views: 55,008   Pages: 1  
dmitriking

Hail !
Posted: Nov 28, 2017, 6:56 PM
KoTH.png (89.7 K)

After much effort and playing 50 to 70 games at a time, I was finally able to meet one of my goals: Attaining all 9 turn-based crowns.

This was greatly aided by the unfortunate disappearance of Ivans73 (Hopefully he is okay), and also by Rainwolf's decision to discontinue pursuing the crowns. Ivans73 and Rainwolf are two of the most prolific players on the site and are both highly competent players.

(It was also aided by my dodging KoTH games of Poof-Pente against Watsu, the king of Poof )

That said, it's still tough to gain all 9, and as of this morning, we had four people tied for the top spot in turn based Pente. By the end of the day, there could easily be a new king for that hill.

So. I'll bask in this temporary glory, ephemeral as I expect it to be.

rainwolf

Home page
Re: Hail !
Posted: Nov 29, 2017, 5:03 PM

Nicely done. I'll put you in the KotH Hall of Fame if you get all 27 crowns.

Up until a few weeks ago you could potentially crash the dashboard for everyone, I postponed adding 3 more KotH crowns after I added DK-Pente, so if someone got more than 24 crowns, the server/mobile apps wouldn't know what to do with that. I presumed it would be a long time before anyone got there but then I noticed your charge...

lupulo

Home page
Posted: Nov 29, 2017, 11:40 PM

Hats off. Impressive performance.

Sapere aude.
watsu

Home page
Posted: Nov 30, 2017, 1:57 AM

Well done, very impressive!

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
dmitriking

Posted: Nov 30, 2017, 2:13 AM

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'm glad I took a screen shot, because now I only have 7 and it might never again occur that someone has all 9. Besides requiring a large volume of play, some of it is just timing. As I was closing in on the 9th, I figured others were close to attaining one of the others, and that's exactly what happened just a few hours after I gained the 9th.

There has been a lot of activity at the top steps of the turn-based Pente hill.

Anyway, it was fun to try and to succeed. I should probably reduce then umber of active games though because I think I'm getting a little burnt out and making some careless errors. Especially in connect6, where it's very easy to miss a necessary block.

brf

Home page
Posted: Dec 1, 2017, 3:16 AM

still nice work, I had a hell of a time just trying to stay on top of the turn based pente hill for a rolling 24 hrs. I might jump back in on it after we round the rest of the holidays. Though I think I like my chances on step 3 or 2 just for holding power

now you need to do all the live ones, rainwolf is hoarding a nice chunk.

Replies: 5   Views: 55,008   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]