Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: dashboard player list, and "submit" button
Replies: 1   Views: 54,341   Pages: 1   Last Post: Mar 2, 2018, 2:17 PM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Views: 54,341   Pages: 1  
dmitriking

dashboard player list, and "submit" button
Posted: Nov 8, 2017, 1:33 AM

Two unrelated things:

1) On the dashboard where it lists all the players browsing , in a game room, or on the mobile, it lists the rating for browsing players as their real-time rating but for the mobile players it lists the turn-based rating. This seems odd. I was thinking it would make more sense for both to display the turn-based rating, especially since most people "browsing" are probably playing turn-based anyway.

For the players actually in a real-time game room I can see why it would display their real-time Pente rating.

2) A potentially troubling in-game situation. If it is my turn to submit a move, and I place a stone but then decide I do not want to make the move, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the stone and make the submit button disappear. If I place a stone in a different place, then that will be the active stone and the submit button remains. But, if I click "back" in the moves list and make my stone disappear, it hasn't actually disappeared from the computer's perspective; it's still there, just not visible on the board. The "submit" button remains and there exists the potential for an accidental submission of an undesired move (This accidental submission of a move actually happened to me on at least one occasion).

Would it be possible to provide a means of actually making the stone disappear and have the "submit" button disappear? I suppose refreshing the browser page would accomplish this, but if it's simple fix, maybe having an in-game option would help also. (It's possible there's already a way to do this and I'm just unaware of it.)

rainwolf

Home page
Re: dashboard player list, and "submit" button
Posted: Mar 2, 2018, 2:17 PM

> 2) A potentially troubling in-game situation. If
> it is my turn to submit a move, and I place a stone
> but then decide I do not want to make the move, there
> doesn't seem to be a way to remove the stone and make
> the submit button disappear. If I place a stone in a
> different place, then that will be the active stone
> and the submit button remains. But, if I click
> "back" in the moves list and make my stone disappear,
> it hasn't actually disappeared from the computer's
> perspective; it's still there, just not visible on
> the board. The "submit" button remains and there
> exists the potential for an accidental submission of
> an undesired move (This accidental submission of a
> move actually happened to me on at least one
> occasion).
>
> Would it be possible to provide a means of actually
> making the stone disappear and have the "submit"
> button disappear? I suppose refreshing the browser
> page would accomplish this, but if it's simple fix,
> maybe having an in-game option would help also.
> (It's possible there's already a way to do this and
> I'm just unaware of it.)

I seemed to have missed this post.
On the desktop or in the apps. If you try to place a stone where there's already one, the previously placed stone will disappear and there will be no move to submit to the server. For the mobile apps this means the submit button is greyed out again.

Replies: 1   Views: 54,341   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]