Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Kacper Klepacki (aka Dein or blaxxx) has passed away
Replies: 4   Views: 55,520   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 1, 2017, 9:10 PM by: aaru

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4   Views: 55,520   Pages: 1  
brf

Home page
Kacper Klepacki (aka Dein or blaxxx) has passed away
Posted: Oct 30, 2017, 9:52 PM

Chaosu sent me a private message at brainking stating that Dein (Kacper Klepacki), also known as Kacper elsewhere and Blaxxx here at pente.org has passed away on 27th Oct 2017 at age of 37. Here is a post he made at brainking about it. BK Post

Apparently Kacper had heartache and numbness in hands after workout. His dad drove him into ED but they doctors did not find anything suspicious. He collapsed by his car as he was leaving hospital grounds. He was hospitalized but died shortly after from reported brain damage via large stroke and cardiac arrest.

He is survived by his wife. Here's the article Chaosu send me the link to (it's in polish, google translate may be needed for some).

http://www.rdn.pl/news/parkingu-szpitalnym-zmarl-mlody-mezczyzna

---------
really sad news indeed, Kacper and I have had many back and forth messages recently, he's always been a really active pente player and I valued his thoughts and opinions...I've always enjoyed playing him across the board too.

I even told him two weeks ago "dein you are like the last bastion of polish pente playing. I think s3v3n, karol, and spavacz have all seriously stepped back and since you've even played since pente.net and Itsyourturn (from the yesteryear era); I'm awarding the polish crown of pente continuity to you man! nice work!" He just laughed about it and re-iterated how much he loves the game.

Best wishes to all Kacpers friends and family during this sad and difficult time! he was a great pente player and I'm going to miss my interactions with him, he will be greatly missed in the pente community and everywhere else his presence has been fortunate enough to be a part of.

-Brf

rainwolf

Home page
Re: Kacper Klepacki (aka Dein or blaxxx) has passed away
Posted: Oct 30, 2017, 10:05 PM

That's awful news, but thank you for sharing this with us.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Oct 30, 2017, 10:55 PM

I'm very sorry to hear this; I know I played at least a few games against Dein at Brainking and perhaps some at Kurnik as well. He was a great player and the Pente world is small enough that losing one of our best players is a much greater loss than losing a chess grandmaster would be. RIP Kacper

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
dmitriking

Posted: Oct 31, 2017, 12:44 AM

Sad news, especially so young. I never got the chance to play against Kacper in Pente, (And I didn't know that he and Dein were the same person until today), but I did get to play against him here in a match of connect6. He demolished me, and when I was discussing connect6 with Ivans73 a few weeks ago, Ivans described blaxxx as "probably the best connect6 player on this site."

Considering Ivans73's tremendous accomplishments in connect6, that's just about the highest compliment possible, and I just wanted to add that anecdote here since I hadn't seen anyone yet mention how strong a connect6 player Kacper was.

aaru

Home page
Posted: Nov 1, 2017, 9:10 PM

I have no words
[*]

Replies: 4   Views: 55,520   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]