Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: inactive?
Replies: 3   Views: 56,995   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 25, 2017, 9:44 AM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3   Views: 56,995   Pages: 1  
dmitriking

inactive?
Posted: Sep 20, 2017, 5:23 PM

What defines someone as "inactive"?

When I loaded the leaderboard for turn-based Keryo Pente, only 12 names showed up. Some people who completed a game on 9/13 (Lupulo, and yourself, Rainwolf, for example) didn't show up unless I clicked "show inactive players." I assume that a person is "inactive" if he hasn't completed a game in the last 7 days?

That seems rather short, especially for turn-based. Wouldn't 30 days be a better time frame?

This may seem like a minor thing to worry about, but I find the "active/inactive filter useful if it has a longer time frame than 7 days. Today I was checking the top 25 for Pente and Keryo pente to see if there are any that I haven't played yet, but without clicking "show inactivate players," the list excluded several obviously active players. So, I had to click "show inactive players," which then included several obviously INactive players who haven't played in a year or maybe even 5 or 6 years.

This makes the filter not as useful as it could be, since I ended up having to look through the entire active and inactive list and then look at their date of last completed game to determine whether they're actually active or not.

brf

Home page
Re: inactive?
Posted: Sep 25, 2017, 1:42 AM

I concur. I've thought the same thing myself more than once. I'm not sure what the right time frame for inactive should be. Some sites use 6 months which may be a tad long, but 1 week is definitely too short. I vote for 1-3 months for inactive status; determined by someone not completing any games of that type during the designated window of time.

Certainly would make the inactive\active filter a lot more useful.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Sep 25, 2017, 3:42 AM

I'd vote for inactive status if a player hasn't had at least one game of whatever variant in play in the previous month period. That way, with turn based games there isn't a time limit imposed to finish a game to stay active (aside from the natural limits set by the timer, opponent and number of moves in the game) but there would be a time limit for starting a new game after one has finished in order to remain active. This also allows someone who returns to activity after a period of absence to show immediately as active regardless how long ago their last game was completed.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Sep 25, 2017, 9:44 AM

I have changed the filter to consider inactive players not having played a game in the past 30 days now.

Replies: 3   Views: 56,995   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]