Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: (automagical) King of the Hill
Replies: 18   Views: 161,409   Pages: 2   Last Post: Aug 18, 2016, 9:34 AM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 18   Views: 161,409   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
brf

Home page
Re: (automagical) King of the Hill
Posted: Jul 22, 2016, 1:51 AM

after some more steps get established it's kind of a non issue I think. Since rainwolf set the two step limit rule it's only a problem on step 1 and maybe some heavily laden other steps. as you rise higher, less people will be able to even challenge you. At the bottom i'd almost guess you'd want a bunch of challenges to help you have the opportunity to rise above your position. play them out and the challenges will become less (unless you find it's too much and you're more on the losing end of the matches).

you can always leave the stairs\ladders but whether you win or lose you're kind of missing the point, rainwolf just started this, of course within the first few weeks of starting there's going to be more matches on the lower rungs. If you are consistently losing and get stuck on the heaviest loaded stair, then you should embrace the need for the practice handed to you.

that is the thing about the stairs\ladder. you are where you are at "amongst those best able to challenge you" to help you better your game.

the amount of games is directly proportional to your desire to improve your game. cut them back and in my opinion you're just locking yourself into never climbing.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jul 22, 2016, 9:19 AM

The limit is now 5 sets for subscribers, that's around 10 games. After that subscribers can still challenge the challengeable.

I definitely want to give subscribers an advantage here, they get to participate in more hills, and play more than non-subscribers. It's mostly an issue in the lower rungs, but I can see it's not nice to get hammered with invitations there, sucks to be a subscriber then

I think this should do the trick, I love the feedback, keep it coming if you have any

madmike

Posted: Aug 17, 2016, 4:22 AM

just curious, how did you come up with 62 days not playing to get removed?

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Aug 18, 2016, 9:34 AM

At first that was set to a month, 31 days, for both the live and the TB hills, to clear out stale players. It seems live KotH games are not that easy to come by so I increased/doubled it to 62 days for live games, and kept it at 31 for TB.

These limits don't affect subscribers though.

Replies: 18   Views: 161,409   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]