Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Publication of my patent application and possible applicability to Pente va
Replies: 0   Views: 64,890   Pages: 1  

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
watsu

Home page
Publication of my patent application and possible applicability to Pente va
Posted: Apr 29, 2015, 9:44 PM

My game patent application was recently published by the US Patent and Trademark Office. While the primary embodiment described in the application is for game playing cards, other potential embodiments include board games like chess and games which can be played on a 19x19 Go board like Go, Gomoku, Connect6 and Pente. Why add additional complexities to established games you might well be asking yourself. Well, one of my thoughts on this topic is that computer programs are rapidly reaching a point where they can beat all but the most skilled players even in games like Go which seemed like a nearly unattainable achievement a mere 10 years ago. So if you're a game theory, game variants geek like me (and hopefully with more CompSci background than I have) you might be interested in taking a peek particularly at the second and additional embodiments sections (paragraphs 0129-0136). http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20150102562

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]