Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: PentAI
Replies: 11   Views: 59,964   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jun 5, 2016, 9:53 PM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 11   Views: 59,964   Pages: 1  
cropleyb

PentAI
Posted: Jan 26, 2015, 12:52 AM

Hi all

I have been creating a program to play Pente for over a year now, for fun, and I released the (python) source on github a few months ago.

Features include:
- The AI Plays against anywhere between a poor beginner and a fairly strong amateur level.
- Has been built for Windows, OS X, iOS; should be portable to Linux & Android
- Human vs. Human, AI vs. AI
- Music
- Rules introduction demo with vocals
- Tournament, 5-in-a-row, or Standard rules
- 19x19, 13x13 or 9x9 board sizes

If you are a software developer, you may be interested in how I have designed the AI: http://www.bruce-cropley.com/pentai or the code: https://github.com/cropleyb/pentai

If you would like to try it out, send me a message here with your email address and your desktop OS, and I'll send you a link to my dropbox download.

It would be great to get more people actually using it, and it's all free.

Have fun,
Bruce

Message was edited by: cropleyb at Feb 1, 2015 10:04 PM

lupulo

Home page
Re: PentAI
Posted: Jan 31, 2015, 4:47 AM

Hey Bruce, got your PentAI running on Windows without any issues...good program..
although it's not impossible to beat it's highest AI-levels I wouldn't consider it easy either...I'm pretty impressed!

thx for providing it!

Sapere aude.
cfisch

Posted: Jan 31, 2015, 8:14 PM

Hello Bruce,

Just to let you know, the first link in your post seems to be broken for some reason. The github link works fine and I was able to get to the other location thru the link you have in the readme.txt at github.

Anyway... Congratulations! -- I haven't tried it yet but I did quickly scan over your description of its logic construction. I'll have to go more carefully thru that a bit later but it looks like you did a pretty nice job overall. -- A lot of thought and patience that some may not appreciate.

So, as Pulo said ~ Thank you very much for all the effort and especially for the willingness to openly share it with everyone else.

Cheers!

1crazy1

Posted: Feb 1, 2015, 6:02 AM

I'd be glad to give it a shot. I need all the practice I can get. I'm the only one in my house who plays. :\ I am running Windows 7.

Thank you! (When I checked out the preview of my message, my email doesn't show online. I'm assuming this a for my protection? Do you see it on your end??)

cropleyb

Posted: Feb 1, 2015, 10:08 PM

Thanks for the info on the broken link, I've edited the original post (it was including a comma as part of the link)

1crazy1

Posted: Feb 5, 2015, 12:35 AM

Perhaps we could try it again? It was Google Chrome that stopped the download stating that the file was malicious. Not sure how to fix that....maybe if I used Firefox? Let me know your opinion please. Thank you.

cropleyb

Posted: Feb 6, 2015, 1:37 AM

It could be browser dependant, so trying with Firefox might help. On Windows, my app is packaged using PyInstaller, and there seems to be an issue with Chrome and PyInstaller built packages. You could probably override the Chrome warning, install and run it, or wait until I find some way to fix this problem. Up to you

1crazy1

Posted: Feb 7, 2015, 7:29 AM

Would you email it to me again please? I will see if I can figure out the problem. Thank you!

cropleyb

Posted: Feb 7, 2015, 8:32 AM

No problem.

toodawg

Posted: Mar 17, 2015, 10:45 PM

Will these AI players be added to the menu on Pente.org?

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Mar 18, 2015, 1:17 PM

Not at the moment or in the immediate future, it takes more time than I have at the moment.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jun 5, 2016, 9:53 PM

I have created a turn-based player using Bruce's AI code. I probably have to tweak it further to get the settings right.

It is currently running on a different server, but still on a single machine, and there's only 1 player for everyone. That means if a lot of players are playing the AI simultaneously, or at high difficulty levels, it will slow down and you'll have to wait longer for the AI to move.

Integrating the AI into a live player is still a long way off.

On the other hand, integrating Mark's AI into the iPhone and Android apps may be feasible.

Replies: 11   Views: 59,964   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]