Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: NOT WORKING FOR ME
Replies: 4   Views: 59,989   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 3, 2014, 10:56 AM by: 1crazy1

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4   Views: 59,989   Pages: 1  
1crazy1

NOT WORKING FOR ME
Posted: Nov 2, 2014, 9:36 AM

I can't get a game going. I've confirmed that Java and Javascript are current and enabled. I'm using firefox. I had the same problem with chrome though. Also, I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. What else can I do? I'm also not the saaviest person when it comes to computers so keep that in mind when you reply! Many thanks!

madmike

Re: NOT WORKING FOR ME
Posted: Nov 2, 2014, 6:50 PM

a few more details would help, steps taken and error messages etc

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Nov 2, 2014, 10:29 PM

I agree with mike. Also after you updated your java did you reboot your computer? and is Java enabled in your browser settings?

As a side note I have not updated my Java yet, because I'm always afraid the updates will screw with me getting into the lobby. So I have no idea if the new Java update works with the lobby.

But again, error messages, codes scripts etc would be helpful here if you can supply that.

Zoey

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
xtraclassy

Posted: Nov 3, 2014, 4:39 AM

1) First, note that JavaScript and Java are related in name only.

2) On Windows 7 64-bit, there are usually two distinct versions of IE (Internet Explorer), 64-bit and 32-bit.

3) Google Chrome, and FireFox are 32-bit applications. If your PC is 64-bit, the default behavior at the java.com (Oracle Corporation) site is to install the 64-bit Java JRE.

4) That version will not work with either Chrome, Firefox, or the Internet Explorer link that shows up on your taskbar by defaukt, since that one is also 32-bit.

5) If you look for the 64-bit IE (Microsoft Internet Explorer 64-bit) icon under All Programs, that one may probably work, if you chose/choose to allow Java to run when the security prompt comes/came up.

6) Your best solution is to explicitly Google the 32-bit Java version for Windows (JRE not the JDK) and install that.

Both Chrome and FireFox should work, if you allow the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) software to run when the initial security prompt comes up.

---Regards

1crazy1

Posted: Nov 3, 2014, 10:56 AM

Thanks for all the feedback! I have some games going now. I appreciate the help.

Replies: 4   Views: 59,989   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]