Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Introducing a new type of forum
Replies: 18   Views: 158,772   Pages: 2   Last Post: Aug 14, 2014, 3:12 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 18   Views: 158,772   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
watsu

Home page
Re: Introducing a new type of forum
Posted: Aug 14, 2014, 1:27 AM

I submit for consideration the as yet unfinished thread http://pente.org/gameServer/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=27&threadID=4677&start=0&tstart=0 AKA Solve the Hammer Opening for P1, & become a Pente Legend. I frequently encounter both newer and older players who play either directly or indirectly into the hammer position, just as I used to many years ago before up2ng told me what was going on with the position. Knowing to avoid it as P1 and to exploit it as P2 teaches a great deal about the game with tournament rules. Therefore, I think the thread is worthy of a pinned position.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Aug 14, 2014, 2:24 AM

Ok I will add that thread. Thanks!

Watsu as a side question, when player's open that thread do you feel it gives them the impression that as P1 they should play the hammer? or that they should play the wedge?

You and I both know wedge is the correct choice, I just hope it doesn't instill false hope and mislead players to walk down a losing path with hope just because they think they might become a Pente Legend lol

Your thoughts?

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Aug 14, 2014, 2:31 AM

In any event I simply made a notation at the top of the Hammer thread to clarify.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
watsu

Home page
Posted: Aug 14, 2014, 3:12 AM

Looks like a good addition for anyone who comes to it from there. I think that anyone who followed along with the thread would soon pick up on what you've stated, but it never hurts to clarify.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 18   Views: 158,772   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Back to Topic List