Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: disconnect misery
Replies: 6   Views: 60,167   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 10, 2014, 8:50 PM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 6   Views: 60,167   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
disconnect misery
Posted: Jul 7, 2014, 4:08 AM

The site won't let me finish a game today unfortunately. Disconnected twice as watsu, twice as guests both before and during games, both timed and untimed, sometimes before the game could begin. Had trouble getting the games to start as well.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

rainwolf

Home page
Re: disconnect misery
Posted: Jul 7, 2014, 2:06 PM

Hey watsu, sorry about the disconnect issues. I am not completely sure what caused them. I know I have to take a closer look at how database connections are being made available again and I think the problem lies there, but it also could have been an issue with the connection between you and the server.

I'll try to solve this, but it will take a while. If it happens again, can you give more details like how crowded it was and if more people were experiencing it at that time.

Message was edited by: rainwolf at Jul 7, 2014 2:06 PM
I just did a quick maintenance on the server, so if the problem was on my side, the disconnect issues will probably have disappeared.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Jul 7, 2014, 9:51 PM

Thanks rainwolf,
Still having issues, so they are likely on my end.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jul 8, 2014, 12:50 PM

Hey watsu, could you try and send a steady stream of pings to the server and see if you suffer packet loss?

Message was edited by: rainwolf at Jul 8, 2014 12:52 PM
You can do this on a windows machine in the terminal/command prompt with the command "ping -t pente.org", let it run for a few minutes and you can terminate that with CTRL-c. If there is no or hardly any packet loss, then I'll have to take a closer look on my end. In case you're on a mac, you can leave out the "-t" from the command and it will achieve the same thing.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Jul 8, 2014, 8:38 PM

3% packet loss with 95 pings and 0% packet loss with 171 pings a few minutes later. The good news is that I was able to finish some games yesterday after initially not being able to.

Message was edited by: watsu at Jul 8, 2014 8:42 PM

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jul 10, 2014, 10:10 AM

hey watsu,
thanks for checking. I'd like to keep an eye on this. This doesn't mean it couldn't still be a server problem, perhaps the load was very high at the time, so if more people are disconnecting around the same time, I'll have to take a closer look on my end, if your disconnections come with high ping packet loss, then we'll have to explore other causes.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Jul 10, 2014, 8:50 PM

I was able to play all afternoon on Tuesday without issues (yay!). If it comes up again, I'll ping and see how things are going at the time. Thanks!

Replies: 6   Views: 60,167   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List