Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: New admin: zoeyk
Replies: 5   Views: 61,123   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 21, 2014, 6:57 AM by: jasonb

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 5   Views: 61,123   Pages: 1  
rainwolf

Home page
New admin: zoeyk
Posted: May 15, 2014, 4:06 PM

My fellow Pentegonians,

It is with pleasure I announce a new admin for our beloved pente.org, Zoeyk. If you've had a chance to tap into his vast knowledge on the ins and outs of the game, you'll see why I am thankful he wants to put in extra effort to share his experience and knowledge here for other and future players.

You can count on him for, but not limited to,
- any question whatsoever,
- lobby/forum administration, in case spam or other abuse returns,
- mediate in disputes,
- an emergency donor upgrade (if you can't wait),
- organizing tournaments,
- ... (open for future needs and things I have missed.)

He has now some privileges to make dealing with those tasks somewhat easier, but those are a last resort that neither of us wants to use. He is here to help and make us go forward together, and I thank him for his willingness to give time and effort to matters that cut into his playing time.

cfisch

Re: New admin: zoeyk
Posted: May 17, 2014, 2:17 AM

Hey that's Great Rainwolf!... thanks for adding yet another underpaid target for us to sling impertinent and annoying questions at! (( good luck zoeyk ))

"..You can count on him for...any question whatsoever.."

That's Terrific!!

Sooo...lemme' be the first to start the ball rolling.. and this one is for zoeyk:

Q?: What are the 3 main differences between true Pentegonians and Pente Dilletantes ??

freaknot

Home page
Posted: May 17, 2014, 2:18 AM

Thanks Guys

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: May 17, 2014, 10:55 PM

@rainwolf, thanks for the kind words, and introduction. im humbled.

@cfisch, lol, well that's a interesting question and with the request for 3 answers it seems you have specific answers in mind? i dunno, but i think i understand the definitions.

1- Pente dilettante: Perhaps this means someone who finds our community interesting but has yet to participate in all of its offerings,.. or perhaps you mean a member who has not mastered a variant yet such as pente but they love the game.

2-True Pentegonians: (as opposed to a pseudo Pentegonian? is there such a thing? lol)
Perhaps by true you mean some one who is not only fully immersed into the community, but is passionately active maintaining or proactively attempting to progress the site's (or the game('s) therein) ecosystem (for lack of a better term).

These are your coined terms(?), so perhaps you could tell us what they mean to you. As for rainwolf's term of simply "Pentegonian", (I'm taking a shot in the dark here) I believe that is aimed at all members, and perhaps all people who have yet to become a member but they love the game of pente, or it's many variants, without discrimination nor favoritism. Here, as members of the community, and lovers of stone game(s), we are in that respect, all equals, (in my humble opinion).

In any event, I'm happy to be aboard as admin, and shall do so with the disclosed intent to help the community as a whole in what ever way I can, (within reason*). The community has been there for me in many ways over the years, and as such it is my honor to have a chance to give back to it.

I do not intend to overreach with admin powers, nor discriminate, and I shall do all best efforts to be unbiased where being unbiased is appropriate. I shall use a hands off approach when the situations allow for it.

With that said, as we know from the past of prior admins, admins can not make every one happy all of the time. We often times follow our leader's guidelines (rainwolf) when those answers make sense and apply, and when we find our selves in unknown territory where those guidelines don't seem to reach or apply, and rainwolf is not present to offer suggestions, we rely on our own moral compass to make a decision on the fly sometimes. In other words, my discretionary scope may be wide or narrow depending on the situation. I shall do my best to do the right things, and be a good admin.

If any of you needs help with site related things of any nature, please feel free to contact me. If I'm able to help (within reason) than I shall.

And, I wanted to add what my availability is. I work in the mornings (PST) of Tues through Sat. I have my daughter on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday evenings. Im free on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings, so these are best times for me to respond. when I have my kid I can deal with quick problems, and same goes for at work as I can check messages on my lunch break. The extensive issues will need to be in my free time as expressed above in the aforesaid.

Thanks all!

~Zoey K.

P.S. I was in the ER yesterday with a injury, and am on pain medications at the moment. So my response time this week may be slowed down a little as a result. I will hopefully be back up to speed within a week.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
invictus

Posted: May 21, 2014, 4:56 AM

bout damn time! zoeyk is dedicated to this site and its players both new and old.
he will be a great asset.
he has taught me alot... (mostly by whuppin my ***, lol)
congrats z!

bloodied but unbowed
jasonb

Home page
Posted: May 21, 2014, 6:57 AM

Congratulations Zoey. We are all lucky to have you helping out at this site. I don't think there is anyone with more passion for the game.

Replies: 5   Views: 61,123   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List