Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Glass Board
Replies: 7   Views: 61,888   Pages: 1   Last Post: Apr 23, 2014, 2:41 PM by: bigjayt

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 7   Views: 61,888   Pages: 1  
bigjayt

Glass Board
Posted: Apr 6, 2014, 1:22 AM

I worked for Parker Brothers in the year they bought Pente from Gary Gabrel. I just discovered 2 glass boards,and one wooden one. Never used. (no box) We used to play endless hours on the night shift in the warehouse, but I haven't played for years.

I am planning on listing the glass boards at Ebay, but have no idea of starting price/what to expect for each. Any advice?

I am keeping the wooden board, in plastic. Unless I see ridiculous offers.

Thanks for your help!

I wish I acquired a few travel editions...

Message was edited by: bigjayt at Apr 6, 2014 1:22 AM

zoeyk

Home page
Re: Glass Board
Posted: Apr 7, 2014, 11:37 PM

im sorry, did you say the glass board has never been opened????

That would be unheard of... it's probably the only mint glass unopened in the world,.. well unless you got two.. and brings two thoughts to my head..

1- would bring the value above the $400 mark

2- bad news is there is no way to verify that the glass isn't shattered in some manner...

Which if you think about it,.. is something of a paradox..

I recommend, open it on video,.. with a news paper to verify date,.. show its mint condition,.. then reseal it with a sticker that has you wet signature on it,.. on video. that way its still mint,.. and some what authenticated,.. I dunno... Maybe some one else can chime in here with an opinion, like Brf, or Up2ng, or someone.

interesting.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
brf

Home page
Posted: Apr 9, 2014, 5:33 PM

Either that or have someone run it through an X-Ray

I've never seen one of those things except online, and certainly not in original packaging. It sounds like a cool item but I've no clue what you could get for it since I've seen them go for 100$-300$ on Ebay.

For actual live play I prefer the suede board since the stones stay put fairly well, kind of doubt that's case on the glass board so it's more of a collectors piece that probably wouldn't be used much for actual play. That likely also means only a handful of the serious players would be interested. You could put it out as no reserve (to drive the auction action up) and if the price ends up being too low in the end just cancel the auction & pay a couple of bucks to ebay for fees?

If you make the reserve to high you won't get a lot of hits. The last glass board I saw on ebay didn't sell because the reserve was way too high...no bidders. post the link after you've listed it, alot of people from here will go check it out.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 9, 2014, 7:16 PM

yes i have one, and your right,. it does not get played on. i too prefer the suede ones for play. my glass stays in the box safely hidden away. one might think, "what's the point"? im not sure why i own one, just had to have one lol.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
bigjayt

Posted: Apr 21, 2014, 6:46 PM

Not unopened, never was put into a box. Just never played upon.
Yes, I have two, they came into the warehouse on a pallet. Sadly, I must have thrown out a couple hundred that broke in transit. I do not recall getting any in that were boxed, since we bought out his inventory -mostly pieces. And PB never produced a glass edition.
Will be listing on Ebay later this week, and will post a link here. (New to Ebay, and I've already made a $200 mistake. LOL Learning curve. Had a Buy It Now for over $200 less than a late bidder was willing to pay! And I was happy it sold so fast....

bigjayt

Posted: Apr 22, 2014, 8:13 PM

The board has just landed on Ebay, if anyone is interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=131173356471

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Apr 23, 2014, 5:42 AM

Why does it not have the legs on it?

bigjayt

Posted: Apr 23, 2014, 2:41 PM

The boards and legs were shipped separately, and would have been put on in assembly before packaging. This board never got to that step. I am fortunate to have found a set of legs.

Replies: 7   Views: 61,888   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List