Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: PentAI openings book
Replies: 31   Views: 205,362   Pages: 3   Last Post: Apr 14, 2014, 2:31 AM by: cropleyb

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 31   Views: 205,362   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
cropleyb

Re: PentAI openings book
Posted: Apr 6, 2014, 12:44 AM

> well,.. sorta.
>
> I can give you all pente.org games of 1750+ vs 1750+ rated players from the conception of pente.org back in 1999 up till i believe 2007. 2007 till 2014 I would need to have rainwolf do a filtered extraction. the one I have was done by the previous owner Peter aka Dweebo.

That would be great I can do the filtering if there is a rating field, or if even if there is a table of player ratings.

> Additionally, I can give you all Brainking.com games played, but I cant filter the ranks. you'll need to filter it on your own.

Likewise. I guess these are all in a text format?

> Also, at some point if your wanting to use that stuff you might want to jump on team speak...

I've got team speak set up for pente.org now, very cool

> with me and on a board, so I can explain some things about how some of the popular openings are false data. see thing is masters used certain Player 1 offenses for years, creating huge % of wins, then in the last few years we discovered forcing exploits, which caused all of us to now change several offenses for our Player 1.

Interesting

> SO,.. if you don't know which of these I mean, and just dump all masters data base data into the AI, it will be not good for your AI. Is better you know these main lines to delete and or modify in the ratios if you know what I mean.

Yep.

> Only the hand full of reds that play at BK tourneys are up to speed on this stuff. Most other players are in the dark about it, and or, not in the loop.

That would include me

> That being said, if I tell you the recent exploits we found for your AI, some other reds could become furious with me. So, I'll need to ponder the ethics of this, and maybe ask some opinions.

I'd rather it remains a level playing field for all players, both human and AI. I could scale the ratios up so that more recent games are given more weight - I don't need to know the specifics of the revolution that occurred. (though the date that this happened would help a lot)

> As to 13x13,.. I'm not sure I can extract THAT series of games by my secret method. I can do 19x19 tho. but, Mark Mammal has a program he wrote that can do it. I'll face book him and see if he has time.

Thanks.

> just went to BK to check. Seems I will need to submit a membership fee to do my trick. My rook membership expired yesterday lol. I'll get around to that at some point. I'll let you know when I do. I hate paying money to that site. and in euros no less. Hate euros, always converts to way more in USD than I hope lol.

No problem, I know what you mean about Euros

> Ok i do know one way you can extract 13x13 games on your own, but cant say here I'll explain it on TS, as I would likely need to help you navigate it.

Great

Thanks again,
Bruce

cropleyb

Re: PentAI openings book
Posted: Apr 14, 2014, 2:31 AM

Hi Zoeyk

Is there any feedback from the reds about putting lots of top games in the public domain?

Thanks again,
Bruce

Replies: 31   Views: 205,362   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Back to Topic List