Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: member's voting poll regarding table chat privacy
Replies: 39   Views: 177,434   Pages: 3   Last Post: Mar 10, 2013, 7:12 PM by: freaknot

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 39   Views: 177,434   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
zoeyk

Home page
Re: member's voting poll regarding table chat privacy
Posted: Mar 9, 2013, 9:02 AM

The following is rhetorical:

I scared a new player away? I did not know that. Who did I scare away? and by what means did I scare them away with?
seriously, where are you getting this nonsense?

and, Libel? Was the Poll a false statement??? nope it wasn't.

Was it your real name? nope, it wasn't. Did it's subject matter stem from a material that you helped to create publicly in the first place? yes it sure did.

You seem to be misguided fellow member.

you said: all this proves is veteran players are still abusing new players?

I say: or it could mean that the same misguided (bipolar?) member is still trolling and ranting on and on about the same old gibberish without any real proof to support such RAGE, and in a manner that none can respect enough to stand by even if it was provable.

I tell you what. You make a new thread about your topic. where you are respectful and courteous. You can try to sway the members all you like. and i wont post in your thread. I wont interfere. Just don't bring up my name, and don't attack members is all i ask. The floor is all yours. what your create from here on is all in YOUR HANDS.
if you fail from there then you can't blame me.

NOW, IM DONE. WE ARE DONE. THANKS AND HAVE A NICE DAY.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
bluegreen

Posted: Mar 9, 2013, 10:31 AM

For years, some veterans have been mistreating new players. Look in the lobby right now, chances are, there are no players; and if their are a few, chances are they're newbies and guests.

Deny and distract all you want, I posted what happened on a public table, clear evidence that some veteran players are still being rude to guests and chasing them away. Yes, this has been going on for years.

When will you stop defending this abhorant behavior? Most of you veterans dont even play here regularly anymore. When will you be satisfied, when there are absolutely no players in the lobby, ever?

You say you are retired? Listen to yourself, as if this game was some kind of legitimate productive endeavor. On that point, you are not the only one here with such a colossal ego. Never the less, it is anyones right to take this game too seriously. But it's a shame that it means great players are afraid to play here anymore, simply because of their fragile ego. Ouch! The rest of us, who see this only as a game, would like to play here in peace, without some veteran cursing at us, and chasing others away.

Logically, since this is the only place to play a live game of pente online, this website should be the most active of them all. Yet for years a few veterans have been chasing new players away. If anyone says anything about it, you zoeyk as well as others, will go so far as resort to criminal libel, based on some laughable delusion you have about "online privacy", and even site someone who you think is crazy; as if that makes it all ok to tolerate new players being treated rudely.

Yeah dude, you do sound tired, time to put away your ego. I told you from the begining not to waste your time with lame attempts at distraction. This is not a contest between you and yet another inferior being. Its about right and wrong. Repeat after me: 'All players, including newbies, and guests deserve respect.' Can you say that even one time?

jaqueline_

Posted: Mar 9, 2013, 4:54 PM

So let me understand your rules.

Rule #1: We are not allowed to say anything that would stir up negative emotion in new players.

Rule #2: We are allowed to say things to stir up negative emotion in veteran players.

Bluegreen, It is clear to me that you want something from this community. It is not clear to me what it is that you want. Do you even know?

You said "Zoey should put away his ego" If that is what you want then I would suggest that you "put away" your own ego. I believe that it is your own ego that is stirring up your emotions, as well as the "problems" you are perceiving.

There is a saying: Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

We make mistakes, that is part of the human condition. The original "offender" in your original post has apologized for his offense. He took full responsibility for his actions. He said he was sorry. He didn't attempt to explain or justify what he had done. It seemed to me to be a sincere and heartfelt apology.

What more do you truly want bluegreen?

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Mar 9, 2013, 6:26 PM

I am always nice to newbies and guests. Always. Unless they are rude to me first. Furthermore, in several posts i have stated already that i agree that guest should be treated with respect. You failed to read what i wrote. Your not reading me, your just blindly ranting with rage. Your not conversing, your trolling and you clearly have a few screws loose in your brain. Please leave me be in peace. Stop badgering me with your nonsensical rage rant. Just drop it.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
bluegreen

Posted: Mar 9, 2013, 6:54 PM

First: The current lack of active players is caused by something. May be many factors causing that, like the status quo, but being rude is not helping. From time to time, its just going to happen; but if you witness someone being rude, even if you dont have the courage to correct another veteran, at least say something to let the innocent player know that they were treated unjustly. And do it right away before they are scared off. You dont have to spend a lot of time helping newbies, but everyone can be friendly and helpful.

Second: In spite of concrete evidence, showing mistreatment of players, many people see this as my perception, rather than something that actually happens. Another player, has taken it on himself to defend the right to be rude as long as it is done in secret, bringing up nothing but nonsensical points of distraction, never adressing the heart of the issue, willing to commit criminal libel, and yet claims he is the one being attacked. Dont have any solution to that, other than to say, wow.

Third: This thread as well as the other original thread should be completly deleted. The disagreable guy who feels the need to defend the right to be rude, said he would not address the issue until that table chat was deleted, but that turned out to be another lie. jhs55 is being totally cool about being raked over the coals, but having the threads without the original chat, means neither of these threads make any sense. So both threads should be deleted.

Lastly: zoeyk should apologize. Not to me, but to jhs55 and every other player he has lied to and insulted their inteligence by resorting to criminal activity with this blatantly skewed poll.

freaknot

Home page
Posted: Mar 9, 2013, 10:35 PM

bluegreen, in respect to any online site, I have never encountered anyone as doggedly disagreeable and needing to be right as yourself in the many years I have been on this or any other site. You're a dog with a bone and no one is gonna get it from you, not now, not ever. When you consume this one, you'll go dig up another one. I don't imagine that is how you mean to come across, but it is. You confuse your passion for this game with your passionate nature.
You are not the only one here who loves Pente.org, but you are the only one here ranting about every weak link you can find in someone. Guess what, the people on this site are as human as anywhere else; polite/rude, smart/stupid, tolerant/intolerant, kind/thoughtless, sweet/crass, straight/stonned... and there ya have it, the balance of the universe in one tiny game room
Someone asked you to play and you said WOW instead of OK. You had an agenda right there and off you went with it. This is a casual internet game site and there is no need for me to personalize anyone's actions as an offence against myself. People are people wherever you go.
I choose to play with some people more than others and some I avoid altogether. I assume the same is true in reverse. That choice belongs to everyone.
Your issues, be them valid or not, do not merit discussion of this magnitude here and are certainly not the reason for any success OR failure of this site.
This is not a support group. It's a game room. Birds of a feather flock together, no matter where you go, so let the rest of us fly however it is we fly. From what I've had the patience to read, you've done nothing but alienate yourself from a place you say you love, despite how many people have taken the time to consider your cause and respond.
It's a shame you REFUSE to let this go, chill out and just play the freaking game when someone asks, which is the heart of why we are all here and why this site exists...at least for now! >>>>If I were Peter and I got even a WHIFF of someone suggesting legal action against anything to do with this site, I would shut this site down immediately! That is the only issue I have here and the only reason I'm responding to this sophomoric thread!
Where you and I do agree is that all of these threads should be deleted immediately before this goes any further and we all have cause to regret it!!!! ADMINS???... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DELETE THESE PARTICULAR TOPICS ON THE FORUM. ALL THOSE IN FAVOR SAY eye
~I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know. Mark Twain

painter62

Posted: Mar 9, 2013, 11:54 PM

AYE !!!

bluegreen

Posted: Mar 10, 2013, 2:27 AM

Once again, here is the point: Every player deserves to be treated with respect, not just veteran players you know, but new players, and especially guests.

Why does that seem so disagreable? Step right up and speak on it. Lay out all your thinking on why anyone has the right to be rude, especially to a guest who may only be a child.

No one forced you to have doggedly followed all this distraction and verbage and lies spewed at me for daring to expose the intentional violation of that simple and obvious guideline. Just as every other person who voted in favor of this blatantly skewed poll; you like to see a good fight, and if anyone could stick up for the status quo, it'd be the best Pente player around. Your hero has tried every thing he knows to invalidate that guideline, even intentional criminal libel; but finally he had to give it up. Not because I beat him, or that I am as smart as he is, or that I am right; he finally gave up and admitted that guideline is right.

For most people, like the game of Pente, everything is about winning or losing. Thats why some you think this is about my ego or my perception. Wrong, this is about the defense of guest559's right to "fly" here, and all of the other new players I have seen mistreated over the years; for no other reason than the simple paranoia of a few and a lack of character of the sheeple who follow them.

bluegreen

Posted: Mar 10, 2013, 12:08 PM

Interesting that you brought up online combat flight simulators. I was actually ranked #1 for a short time at one of the major games with about 9,000 active players worldwide. Kinda like zoeyk, maybe not THE best, but one of the top players. Its surprisingly similar to playing Pente with the timer set to 1/0, only it was all dynamic and three dimenional. ONE of the many lessons I learned was that your online buddy this week, might just become your worst enemy the next week.

My computer was hacked into many times, someone installed software into my computer, in an attempt to find my "real" name. But I know things have gotten much more sophisticated, and that there are some IT professionals here that specialize in that kind of thing, and I also know people are curious to a fault.

But lets see if I can pull the ejection handle on this thread. Many of you dont have a problem disclosing details about yourselves; and in the case of the champion players, its the cost of well earned accomplishment and fame. I saw that this website is for sale; but I would value this website, and all the time I have spent tutoring new players, to only a fraction of the value I have for my privacy.

Legally, my first patent, filed Pro Se, passed flawlessly in 5 weeks. Check it out if you dig that deep, that kind of thing doesnt just happen by accident. Never the less, I dont have any experience in Tort Law, but I bet I could figure it out. I know the invasion of my privacy would have to come through this website connection, because from previous experience, I have made it a point that none of you know me. Now there's a nightmare for ya, if you get my drift.

Eject, eject, eject, EJECT!!!

freaknot

Home page
Posted: Mar 10, 2013, 7:12 PM

yawn

Replies: 39   Views: 177,434   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Back to Topic List