Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: The New Spring Rankings of the Top 60 Players in the World
Replies: 22   Views: 83,976   Pages: 2   Last Post: Jun 17, 2004, 11:03 AM by: afortune

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 22   Views: 83,976   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
jayhawklov

The New Spring Rankings of the Top 60 Players in the World
Posted: Apr 25, 2004, 12:23 AM

Dear Pente World Since I got such a great response to the last List. Came out with the new updated list. Again this is just a fun list not to make people upset, angry, and such. Lots of changes wowowowowo

The Top 10 (Not in any Order)
Dmitri King
Richard III
Istvan Virag
Gary Barnes/Progambler
S Justice
D Krasnonsov/Student
Bodo K/Aaalpha/Taxman/Fybfy
Ilurath
Alexander Nosovsky
Dufus

Top 11 thru 20 (Not in any Order)
Up2ng
Snutter/Satan
Caoz
Los Katos (Kurnik site)
Toutrouge
Kevin Sackett/Kurupt
Matt K
A Fortune
Sam Wise
Andrzej/Brain 008

Top 21 thru 30 (Not in any Order)
Tragedy
Mike321
Stepanov
Vitals
VBarykin
Jim Garrett
Danoschek
D Banks
Arne Blom
Sinyov Igor

Top 31 thru 40 (Not in any Order)
Dweebo
Mamhlad
Rofellos/s3v3n (Kurnik)
Excel
Codypup
William B
Sparky
Brf
Gimmefive/Californicate
jayhawklov

Top 41 thru 50 (Not in any Order)
Iraa (Kurnik)
Mark Mammel
Thad
Viking X
Blues Fan
Dessie 2222
Rainbow Man
wrhino23
Pente man
McBain

Top 51 thur 60 (Not in any Order)
Flippin Maniac (England)
Sundance (Finland)
KM Bailey
Wyatt Earp
Aiken Drum (England)
Oogly
Bob Azari
WW Hill
Elena
Partica

Honorary Mentions
Tom/Watsu,Badly Drawn Boy, Jumpin721,Maven, L Fortune,
Emerald,Ben Ford,Penteman,Wavy,Supersonic,ctally127,mightybyte,Neverwin,nicegirl,Rob Smith,Frenchafry,jim333

Top Honorary players that could be in any position they want: Tom Braunlich, Rollie Tesh, and John Krenz

Hopefully I didnt forget to many people and if I did just kill me hehehehehe Thanks Jayhawklov

Message was edited by: jayhawklov at Apr 24, 2004 7:14 PM

Message was edited by: jayhawklov at Apr 24, 2004 7:31 PM

Message was edited by: jayhawklov at Apr 24, 2004 7:36 PM

Message was edited by: jayhawklov at Apr 24, 2004 9:22 PM

Message was edited by: jayhawklo
v at Apr 24, 2004 9:35 PM

jayhawklov

Re: The New Spring Rankings of the Top 60 Players in the World
Posted: Apr 25, 2004, 12:28 AM

Thanks again Jayhawklov

Message was edited by: jayhawklov at Apr 24, 2004 7:18 PM

robsmith

Posted: Apr 25, 2004, 7:33 AM

nice list all very good players

richardiii

Posted: Apr 25, 2004, 9:19 AM

wow! Jay, u have been observing many games to have compiled this list. though, to be truthful, i would place myself in a lower bracket than what you have listed. Other than that, i like your list. Your list is much more developed than last time. It is well thought out and as nearly accurate as a single player can contrive.

Let me add my thoughts: I would like to add some color to your list concerning active players I am familiar with.

Of the players listed i feel dufus is one of the most creative players in your list. i have reviewed many of his games, and have concluded that he is capable of becoming one among the best players ever. Too bad he plays too little.

His brother mike321 (ie: qwikmike) is as solid a player at dweebo’s as I have seen or played. The streak killer. Capable of beating anyone.

Dmitri is, of course undisputed as the master student of pente, as he has studied this cruel game more than anyone I have ever played.

Nosovs is truly an exemplary player, and what I find most provocative is his style of play. Very Russian. Anyone wanting to experience the strength of the Russians, just play Nosovs at Brainking. He is powerful.

Up2ng (ie: speedup) is a great tactician, a player to truly be reckoned with. I learn more from him and mike than I do from any other player, as those 2 provide the most consistent abuse I have ever suffered at dweebo’s

Another player i feel is coming along very nicely is tragedy, and i predict he will advance far and strongly. admittedly, i am biased as he is my protégé.

Unfortunately I have not had the fortune of playing some of the top foreign players such as Virag, Krasnonsov, and Stepanov. But from observing their games in the database, I find them to be deserving of their place within jay’s list.

Lastly, I think Jay himself is deserving of more consideration than he has given himself. He was my 1st nemesis at iyt, and gave me many fits as a pente player there. Some of my most favorite games have been with him.

s3v3n

Home page
Posted: Apr 26, 2004, 12:02 AM

in fact s3v3n = rofellos i thought i wrote it to u, but maybe i was misunderstood nice list !!! soon there will be more polish players !!

dmitriking

Posted: Apr 26, 2004, 12:58 AM

tell them to play over here, the competitiin is better

chaosu

Home page
Posted: Apr 29, 2004, 5:35 PM

Los Katos is Utratos (Utratos is propably his main nick).
Can i public this list on an polish forum? Most polish players don't want look at other websites (they are very lazy) : ).
Oh, of course Los Katos, s3v3n adn brain008 are polish players : )

emerald

Home page
Posted: May 18, 2004, 1:40 PM

I wonder how hard it would be to get this same list but by real names with the nicks at various sites listed beside it. That would elimate all of the duplication if any remains. Also it would be really cool to see where everyone lives. Maybe a map even. I think most of this can be harvested from public information.

Thanks for listing me on your list. I am trying to get better, sometimes I play good but often I play badly. I wish it was more consistant.

jayhawklov

Posted: May 19, 2004, 5:43 AM

Good idea Emerald I did think that my next list would have there current ratings and tourney wins like at IYT but it sure seems like alot of work hehehehe

partica

Posted: May 21, 2004, 4:07 AM

Jay, *sniffles*

homebrew

Posted: May 21, 2004, 6:18 AM

Hey Jay,

Thought I might give you a heads-up on one player you might ad. He plays at pente.net and his name there is richwill. He's even-up with tragedy at pente.net and has even taken a few from mighty richiii though big richiii has by far the better record between the two.

up2ng

Posted: May 21, 2004, 7:57 PM

Just be careful when using head-to-head "records" when assessing a player's skill. Until pente is played in SETS, the fact that one player manages a few wins during the course of many games is nearly meaningless.

Once this site is changed so that match results are recorded and ratings are adjusted based on the result of a SET, comparative statements like the one you just made might actually have some value.

See my previous post "Should Pente Be Played In Sets?" for more information.

partica

Posted: May 22, 2004, 10:33 PM

Die Hard!

up2ng

Posted: May 23, 2004, 5:41 AM

One day someone will read one of my comments about changing things so that pente is played in SETS and a lightbulb will go off, like "DING! OH! Duh, he's so smart! This is exactly what we need to do! Clearly if it is not done competitive pente will die out -- oh I see the light now, he's so smart!"

richardiii

Posted: May 26, 2004, 5:28 AM

There is a player i have heard lots about, who crushed virag and brf in a recent Pbem tour match; Victor Barykin.

Never played him, nor even seen his games, but some think he is one of the very best. u have him in the 21-30 list, perhaps he needs further attention.

Replies: 22   Views: 83,976   Pages: 2   [ 1 2 | Next ]
Back to Topic List